Job ID 18496
Salary As per IMC Salary Scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 1 Year
Opportunity type Job
Duration Project Base
Vacancy No. IMC-JLD-HRD-05-095
Organization International Medical Corps
To overcome the contextual challenges around community-level protection services, more specifically, due to the sensitivity around Protection activities, MoPH ban on mobile teams, and restriction around community-level activities under health, IMC will provide prevention, response and PSS services to families integrated with the Child Protection.
IMC will establish 8 Children and Family Social Centers (CFSCs) that will act as integrated service delivery points for protection, PSS, and CP. Since CFSCs are fixed facilities with separate areas for males and females and serve children, among others.
The IMC’s protection programming is designed to ensure women and girls are better protected and empowered to access opportunities, services, and support responsive to their needs. Reducing various types of violence, prevention is key elements in IMC’s protection program. As the program is transitioning to static center-based service provision, IMC will engage women and girl’s trough basic life skills and social empowerment activities within the CFSCs which will be facilitate a more structured skills building sessions in the static centers. IMC upholds and ensures accountability in provision of various services to women, men, boys and girls and survivors of various types of violence.
The wellbeing facilitator is responsible for helping participants attain the basic required skills and knowledge and accomplish goals in learning the proposed skills. Her duties include working with groups to clarify training content, objectives and to establish ground rules. Facilitator duties also involve working with the women and girls at the women centers in selecting appropriate methods and tools that will enable them to achieve results. When problems or issues come up, facilitators work with the group to resolve conflict and return to goals
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, select and modify /adopt workshop (skills and social economic sessions resources to meet the needs of clients with varying backgrounds, learning styles and special needs.
- Observe and evaluate clients’ performance, behavior, social development.
- Provide a positive environment in which women and girls are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Meet workshop (skills and social economic) and program performance goals.
- Conduct orientation/intake sessions to acquire/ enroll new participants.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules.
- Instruct clients individually and in groups, using various adult learning methods such as lectures, discussions, and group activities.
- Prepare materials and training rooms for workshop activities.
- Conduct PFA sessions when needed and necessary.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily inclusive in size. You may be required to travel to other parts of the country if required.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct, maintain humanitarian principles and respect international humanitarian law.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity
- It is all staff’s shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children and adults at risk; and any form of trafficking in persons.
- A certificate or diploma from a training institution or NGOs on various handcraft including basic tailoring skills
- Minimum of 1 year experience in passing down knowledge and skills through training on sewing crafts textile clothing, embroidery, crocheting, knitting/ yarn /arts, and bead- work.
- Proven work experience as a facilitator
- Knowledge of working with NGOs
- Excellent people skills.
- Good communication, listening and social skills.
- Skills in group learning techniques, as well as skills in problem solving, conflict resolution, team building, planning, and organizing.
- skilled at introducing a variety of strategies to keep the process structured without interfering with group productivity.
- Experience and knowledge in skills and teaching / facilitating learning
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent People’s skills.
- Accommodating attitude
- Good time management and planning skills.
- Belief in and understanding of gender equality, women’s rights according to Islam, and social empowerment.
- Fluency in written spoken Dari and or Pashto is desirable.
How to Apply:
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Please note that:
- IMC commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- IMC will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- IMC may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
“Candidates interested in applying should use the link for the positions, and they should make sure to press “submit” at the end of the application. International Medical corps accept CVs in soft and hard form. However, it is recommended to apply through the online platform”
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran