Job ID 15872
Salary 25,000 AFN
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 4 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration 3 months
Vacancy No. VA-08-2023
- Conduct surveys and assessments in the communities and provide feedback and suggestions for the development of the education program.
- Using the project teacher training package and approaches, build the professional skills of community teachers in subject knowledge, teaching methods and techniques for successful delivery of community-based education.
- Conduct training need assessment, design, conduct training and post training follow-up.
- Develop training work plans, training materials (training manuals & handouts).
- Deliver high quality training workshops to CBE teachers, community mobilizers, education personnel and community members on education matters.
- Undertake regular supervision visits and assess the impact of trainings on the learning and development of project beneficiaries.
- Identify training gaps/needs, and or areas of improvements – document best practices and lessons learnt.
- Generate comprehensive training report and update the training database.
- Monitor and evaluate students’ learning achievements; assist in the administration of the student learning achievement tests.
- Provide regular in-classroom support to teachers to support them in practicing the learning gained from the trainings, create a friendly learning environment for students and overall teaching quality improvement.
- Work with community members in identifying non-formal education needs, assuring the community cooperation with the program and their participation in the School Shuras/ Reintegration Committees.
- Conduct campaigns and trainings with close collaboration with Community Mobilizer for raising awareness about gender, especially for improvement of female education and their further participation in education.
- Prepare and maintain the teacher supervision, class monitoring and teacher in-classroom support files; prepare the work plan in consultation with the team.
- Distribute textbooks and other learning and classroom documentation materials in coordination with Community Mobilizer to the classes.
- Establish and maintain productive work relationship and coordinate activities with the MoE provincial/district/hub school officials and staff of other education sector organizations.
- Any other related task as assigned by Snr. Project Officer and/or Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Social Science.
- Master degree with 3 years of relevant experience, or bachelor degree with 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the relevant or similar position in humanitarian projects is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skill in Pashto and Dari. English will also be an asset.
- Able to travel project side and outside of the duty station as and when required.
- Knowledge of the value of education in Holy Islam, the child development and the current trends of education in Afghanistan.
- Sound training skills, including for illiterate people.
- Ability to cope well under pressure, work irregular hours and meet tight deadlines
- Sound organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under severe time pressures
- Experience in needs assessment, project monitoring and evaluation, and program development
- Good knowledge and experience in Afghanistan education system/context, education in emergencies (EiE), and child protection (CP)
- Fluent oral and written skills Pashto and English
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position and submit their applications (Cover Letter and CV together) NOT Educational and Work Certificates, to the attention of the Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org until 04:00pm (Afghanistan Standard Time) on May 01, 2023.
Please clearly indicate (Teacher Trainer – VA-08-2023) in the subject of your email, otherwise your application will be directly disqualified from the process. ACDO will review the applications on an ongoing basis, thus applicants are strongly advised to make applications at their earliest.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and consequently for an interview. If you are not contacted TWO WEEKS after the closing date, please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.