Job ID 18738
Salary As per company salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 5 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration Not specified
Vacancy No. 20230527
Organization Geneva Call
Ensure effective IcSP project implementation and reporting under supervision of Emergency program Coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the planning, coordination, and implementation of protection assessments under IcSP project to inform Emergency program Coordinator of key needs in areas of interests of work for Geneva Call.
- Contribute under the supervision of the Emergency program coordinator to realign the IcSP project activities based on the evolution of needs.
Strategy and programme implementation
- Work closely with provincial project officer to ensure quality implementation of IcSP project.
- Support Project officer in IcSP project implementation to ensure quality implementation and monitoring (planning, coordination, budget, and engagement).
- Participate in the drafting of project plans, budgets, and monitoring plans.
- Responsible for quality project implementation, incl. activities such as trainings and workshops, and monitoring in accordance with Geneva Call and donor work plans, budget, and procedures.
- Collect, analyses and document information relating to the context, conflict situation, humanitarian needs and potential impact on Geneva Call’s work in project area(s).
- Provide material (photos, videos, stories from the field) about project activities and timely reports to showcase achievements.
- Assist Program Coordinator, Head of Programme and/or Head of Mission in engaging senior officials and other key stakeholders.
- Follow all administrative and finance procedures of IcSP Project with Kabul Finance team.
- Attend and represent Geneva Call as required at conferences and other fora of interest to the organisation.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
- In close coordination with the emergency program coordinator ensure that staff safety regulations are respected across all operations.
Program Management & Coordination
- Develop project work plans and budgets in consultation with program team in accordance with Geneva Call’s operational and MEAL plans.
- Monitor the implementation of IcSP project activities, outputs, and outcomes, submitting required reporting and documentation accurately and on time, including supporting local partners in their reporting.
- Ensure project implementation is aligned with internal standards and donor’s rules.
- A relevant University degree is required.
- Knowledge of International Humanitarian Law (IHL) or International Human Right Law is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years equivalent work experience in a humanitarian organization, including in managing emergency response programs.
- Experience of capacity building and mentoring, team leadership and management.
- Project management skills including project planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Solid understanding of Monitoring & Evaluation tools and processes.
- Demonstrable knowledge of humanitarian architecture, humanitarian principles, and standards.
- Strong presentational, writing and editing skills in English including report writing.
- Understanding of International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights Law a considerable asset.
- Full professional proficiency in English and Pashto or Dari.
- Strong communication and people management skills.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and hadle numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Strong capacity building and mentoring skills simultaneously.
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process. The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the Geneva Call Performance Management guidelines. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- Job Description
- Action plan
- Performance Review Template
How to Apply:
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.
You can apply to this job opening through the link below: