Job ID 12119
Salary As per Organization Salary Scale
No. of Opportunity 4
Experience 1 Year
Opportunity type Job
Duration 4 Months
Vacancy No. WVA1490
Organization World Vision
- The Nutrition nurse will be posted in the nutrition ward of the Paediatric hospital nutrition ward to actively admit and provide the Inpatient Services for SAM with complication and follow up the cases after discharge and will actively admit the severely acute malnourished children as per IMAM, IPD SAM guidelines to Paediatric ward.
- Actively admit the severely acute malnourished children as per IMAM, IPD SAM guidelines to paediatric ward.
- Carry-out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients on daily basis.
- Ensure all SAM patient recorded fully completed and adhered to the accepted nutrition standard for IPD SAM centre.
- Participate in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- To accurately measure and record MUAC, weights, heights, and lengths of the beneficiaries according to the nutrition criteria.
- Prepare nutrition counselling to client as per MoPH nutrition guideline or policy.
- Calculate nutrition supplies required for SAM in inpatient ward.
- Taking care of malnourished children in all three phases from admission till discharge.
- Document/develop the project success stories.
- Ensure proper referral mechanism.
- Filling the IMAM report template on monthly basis and report to World Vision.
- Restock field supplies as necessary.
- Fully implement the IMAM guideline for IPD SAM.
- Check the stock make consumption report and request for new supplies.
- To maintain all equipment in good working order and report any problems or needs.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan.
– At least one year working in the nutrition programs health facilities.
- Graduated from nursing or midwifery program.
- Very good communication with staff & clients.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Diploma in nutrition is preferred.
- Ability to work with malnutrition case
- Ability to do the triage methods
- Communication skills and knowledge of local communities.
- Languages empowerment (Dari – Pashto)
- Flexibility for work.
- Ability to travel within the work environment
How to Apply:
the application closing date is 09-March-2023. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to:
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
Applications with insufficient, incomplete, and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.