Job ID 12029
Salary As per salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 7 Years
Opportunity type Job
Duration 6 months
Vacancy No. 9408
Under the guidance of UNICEF Child Protection Specialists and Child Protection Officers, and in coordination with other child protection partners, the CP social work regional manager assistant will be responsible for:
- Provide strategic guidance and oversight to child protection and GBV social workers and technical extenders at the provincial and district level.
- Working closely with all relevant Ministries/provincial departments and Kabul University/regional universities, ensure capacity building of the social workforce at all levels and to ensure the smooth implementation of the CP program.
- Ensure that the referral pathway is established, and children are receiving the appropriate services through a coordinated approach.
- Ensure coordination is strengthened at provincial and district levels and support the integration of services.
- Ensure children are safeguarded through care processes and minimum standards of care are applied.
- Ensure CP and GBV resources are deployed according to need and well-defined priorities.
- Ensure that district and village CPANs have regular interaction with provincial CPAN.
- Ensure monitoring, evaluation, and accountability tools are utilized.
- Actively engage in all capacity-building opportunities, including formal training and capacity assessments in close coordination with the technical social work advisor.
- Support mitigation, prevention, and response to GBV cases including awareness-raising, victim response, and coordination of the GBV programs.
- Support rollout of child protection campaigns, community mobilization, and mediation.
- Collaborate with other child protection colleagues and key stakeholders to regularly report child protection issues.
- Support advocacy, policy implementation, and system development at provincial level working with provincial level authorities.
- Any other relevant duty assigned to him/her by the supervisor(s).
- Graduates of social work, psychology or counselling departments at registered Afghan universities (or international), If there are insufficient graduates from these specific degree programmes, graduates from related fields such as education, social science, health or law will be recruited if they pass minimum training standards.
- At least Five years work experience in child protection programs with national and international organizations in Afghanistan.
- Have complete familiarity with central region provinces and access to hard-to-reach areas.
- Experience of working with children in conflict with the law, children with mental health disorders and children without parental care.
- Experience in supervising a team and ability to conduct regular field visits to all provinces of central region.
- Experience in working with government departments and provincial stakeholders in the relevant provinces.
- Understanding of PSS, social work, case management and protection needs of vulnerable children in Afghanistan.
- Strong level of expertise in communication with children and families, representation, facilitation, mobilization, and negotiation with children and community.
- Fluency in Pashto, Dari & English is a must (both written and verbal).
How to Apply:
Click on the link below and then click on ‘Register and Apply’ if you are not already registered with MyCTG
Follow the steps to provide your details and register
Provide the information marked in red
Save your profile and upload copies of your qualification and CV
Once you profile is created and saved go to Vacancies tab on the right corner
Click on the vacancy that you want to apply for
Provide your current employment details, date you are available from and salary expectation
Tick the boxes and click submit
You will see your application under Application tab
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate. if you have any issue registering yourself, please