Job ID 17536
Salary Based on WASSA's salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 4 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration One Year with possibility of extension
Vacancy No. W-HRT-026
Organization Women's Activities & Social Services Association (WASSA)
The primary purpose of the program in Afghanistan is to Multi-Purpose Cash Assistance (MPCA): To deliver MPCA to extremely vulnerable households in underserved and remote communities affected by natural disasters or conflict-induced displacement in Herat province.
Utilizing well-tested and harmonized methodologies, with the support of WASSA will deliver MPCA to extremely vulnerable households in underserved and remote communities affected by natural disasters or conflict-induced displacement.
The project needs to recruit a facilitator to work full–time. She/he provides overall technical, and organizational support and plays a facilitation role in the communities she/he is assigned, to do filed surveys, target eligible beneficiaries, beneficiaries data entry, and MPCA distribution e.g. He/She will verify the cash modality with members of the affected community, including households interviewed through surveys and members of the Community Alert Networks, to ensure they can freely and safely access markets. The identification of target households will balance a flexible and nuanced approach capturing the diverse situation and needs of households assessed through factoring both direct observations and information collected by assessment teams, with quantitative data analysis by the MEAL team and application of strong internal controls and quality assurance checks to ensure that only households meeting the eligibility criteria receive assistance
- JOB DESCRIPTIONS:
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager, the facilitator will work on the following tasks to coordinate the implementation of the project in Herat:
- In close coordination with the project manager implement the MPCA component at targeted areas.
- Ensure adherence to WASSA policies, handbooks, procedures, and SOPs/guidelines.
- Conduction of related beneficiaries survey and filed all relevant forms.
- Monitoring and supervision of MPCA (Multi-Purpose Cash Assistance) activities at the field level.
- Promote a high level of collaboration, and communication with local entities.
- Monitor the MPCA distributions process and report to the PM
- Facilitate the Multi-Purpose Cash Assistant distribution process of the targeted community and House Hold.
- In close coordination with the MEAL department considered and fill all related forms.
- Enhance the capacity of the MPCA facilitator.
- Be able to manage and facilitate MPCA at the Community Level.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Continuous, real-time risk assessment and mitigation measures will underpin all distributions.
- Verify the cash modality with members of the affected community, including households interviewed through surveys and members of the Community Alert Networks.
- Any other official-related tasks may assign to him/her.
- He is responsible to Report regularly on project activities and update the progress of project implementation to PM.
- Focuses on impact and result for the client
- Approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Provide regular progress reports to the MPCA Supervisor and Project Manager.
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the MPCA supervisor/project manager.
The facilitators will be supervised by the MPCA Supervisor/Project Manager. The ideal candidate will be a confident public speaker and a devoted educator who is up-to-date on the latest tools and resources needed to improve target HH and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Social Works and Rural Development, economics in other relevant field.
- Four (4) years of previous experience as a Multi-Purpose Cash Assistant facilitator, or management-related position.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), and instructional software
- Must possess and apply depth and breadth of knowledge and expertise to meet job demands
- Possess the ability and technical knowledge to use information technology effectively as a tool and a resource
- Demonstrated ability to successfully conduct research and manage projects in a remote rural location with minimum supervision
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English are a fundamental requirement. Fluency in the local language is highly desirable.
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
How to Apply:
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- Academic certificates or references not need to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.