Job ID 18477
Salary As per organization salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 5 Years
Qualification Medical Degree
Opportunity type Job
Vacancy No. CARE-AF-0516
Organization CARE AFGHANISTAN
- Overall health projects management at provincial level including management of human resource, financial/resource, logistic, implementation, risk and stakeholders;
- Supervise and oversee operations of all the health projects in the related province to meet targets and goals specified in the projects scope and documents;
- Supervise all staff under the health projects in the province to optimize the quality and efficiency of their outputs and to maintain a high degree of satisfaction with their job and personal development;
- Represent CARE-Afghanistan in all the external and internal events in the health sector at provincial level and establish and maintain a good working relationship with the all key stakeholders there to ensure coordination, partnership and mutual support;
- Collaborate in resource mobilization and design of new initiatives to ensure CARE work continue and receive funding;
- Generate evidence-based learning, documentation and reports from project implementation to share and to inform future programming;
- Ensure alignment of all the health project’s interventions with CO health program priorities and approaches as advised by the senior coordinator/program manager of the health program
- Provide an overall technical support and guidance in the development and implementation of CARE’s health nutrition program at provincial level.
- Reports to the provincial manager and is technically responsible to senior program coordinator/program manager of Health Equity and Right Program.
- Supervises all the health projects teams, pharmacy officer, HMIS Officer and senior project officer at the provincial level.
- Represent CARE in all the health and nutrition sectors meetings at the provincial level, including PHCC, health and nutrition regional cluster and meetings with BPHS/EPHS and other health partners
- Ensures coordination of all the health projects activities with senior program coordinator/program manager of health program, Provincial Manager and provincial program team.
- Collaborates with provincial MEAL team program quality, monitoring & evaluation, finance, human resource and other support functions concerning assigned project.
KEY RESULT EXPECTED
- Contribute to the health projects design planned in the province to ensure all the local context related factors are incorporated to each proposal
- Contributes development of health and nutrition program strategies and contribute to CARE’s overall program strategy.
- Work with each project manager under the health program to incorporate provincial health and nutrition needs at the time of the review of project document when any amendment is made to the project proposal
- Ensure project management process are well implemented to meet the project requirements;
- Address the relevant concerns, and expectations of the stakeholders in planning and executing the project with support from the health equity and right program team in Kabul
- Conduct regular supportive supervision and monitoring visits to all the health projects sites at the provincial level(he/she will spend 30% of his official time (days) in HFs/SDPs visit to improve the quality of health services )
- Develop action plan for the Kabul health team and other stakeholders monitoring visits findings.
- Ensure all the health projects implementing partners at the province deliver quality services to the beneficiaries and provide timely reporting on project activities;
- To collect, review and approve the monthly plans and reports of provincial health team and to provide them feedback.
- Organize regular meetings with provincial health team.
- Lead the provincial health team for the HFs/SDPs regular supervisory visits.
- Ensure the all health project related quality data is captured, collected, compiled and stored.
- Draft health project reports at the provincial level and share it with related project managers in Kabul
- Provide high quality technical oversight and technical and capacity building support to all the health projects teams in the province
- Provide her/his input to health projects managers on the lessons learned, success stories and best practices
- Propose new innovative and new approaches and integrate into program strategy and design
Effective and accurate Financial Resources Management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contribute to development of all the health projects budgets through closely working with project managers to ensure all the health needs at provincial level are incorporated to the related project budget
- Develop proper expenditure plan and tracking of all the expenditures for all health projects in the province in accordance with CARE rules and regulations;
- Conduct budget vs. expense analysis of the health projects in the province in consultation with related project managers
Human Resources Management:
The PDHM to receive the structure from the health equity and right program, based on which he/she to contribute to all hiring for health positions in the province in compliance with CO human resources policies and strategies is ensured at all times, including:
- To be panel member for all the hiring under the health program in the related province;
- Undertakes Performance Management Process (PMP) of her/his supervisees;
- Staff learning opportunities are promoted, and the implementation of the capacity development plan at the project level is ensured;
- Ensure project implementing partners receive technical support from CARE Afghanistan to better manage and implement project activities.
Coordination and information sharing with projects Stakeholder:
- Ensure all the provincial level health and nutrition stakeholders’ expectation are well identified, analysed and managed during project life cycle;
- Stakeholders engagement are well managed by regular and professional communication to ensure their expectations are met and any issues risen timely addressed;
- Ensures that reports reflecting lessons learnt are documented, circulated and shared in timely and effective manner within the province and health equity and right program of CARE
- Ensures all lessons learnt are incorporated and integrated as required to new initiatives and project designs;
- Participate and represent CARE in all the health and nutrition related stakeholder meetings at provincial level
The incumbent must be well experienced in problem analysis, effective implementation of the health projects, managing projects finances, stakeholder management, effective coordination and communication.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills both in written and spoken English. Presentation skills reporting and proposal writing knowledge. Proficiency in project management and project administrative update systems. Sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs. Knowledge and experience in the relevant field. Having strong advocacy and lobbying and governance skills.
- Build personal and inter project relationship, analyse issues, cultural sensitivity, Gender mainstreaming, team work, establish a conducive working environment and having strong interpersonal skills.
- Medical Doctor, Graduated from a recognized medical university
- Master in Public Health or Nutrition will be a plus
- Post graduate diploma in the Public health or nutrtion.
- 5 years of managing health and nutrition projects with BPHS/EPHS NGOs, or UN agencies and related supervisory roles in different positions.
Fluency in spoken and written English, Dari and Pashtu is a requirement.
How to Apply:
- Applications after the closing date (12:00 AM) and without CARE Application form will not be accepted.
- Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number in the Subject Line (Provincial Deputy Health Manager CARE-AF-0516 Balkh) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Background Check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
- People with Physical Disabilities and Women are highly encourage to apply.