Job ID 17607
Salary As per approved project budget
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 2 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration 6 months
Vacancy No. VAC-9804
UNICEF Afghanistan Child Protection Programme as part of the Rolling Work Plan (RWP 2020-2022) supports to strengthen child protection system in Afghanistan closely working with government sectors and non-government partners on system building, justice for children, birth registration, elimination of harmful practices and child protection in emergencies.
UNICEF collaborates with the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs at the national level, and Departments of Labor & Social Affairs (DOLSA), Child Protection Action Networks (CPANs) and numerous INGOs and NGO implementing partners at the provincial and district levels, for prevention and response to abuse, exploitation and violence against children. The overall aim is to prevent and protect children at risk of emergencies, armed conflict, and child rights grave violations and to provide social services, case management and PSS support to children at risk and vulnerable to harm.
Under the guidance of UNICEF Child Protection Specialists Child Protection Officers, and in coordination with other child protection partners, the Provincial Social Worl‹ers will be responsible for’
- Case Management for individual children and their families to those children who have experienced or are at risk of violence, abuse, neglect, and exploitation in coordination with other services providers and CPAN — focusing on extremely grace cases.
- Assessment, case planning, implementation of the case plan, follow-up and review, and case closure) as outlined in the Standard Operation Procedures (SOP).
- Provide psychosocial support (PSS) to children and families throughout the case management process.
- Conduct safe referrals to essential services as appropriate and follow up to ensure services provided were responsive to the needs of the child identified within the assessment.
- Actively engage in all capacity-building opportunities, including formal training and capacity assessments in close coordination with the technical social work advisor
- Participate in regular case management meetings with the case management team
- Support identification, registration, family reunification, and reintegration of Unaccompanied Minor and Separated Children (UASC) and Children Associated with Armed Forces and Armed Groups (CAFAAG)
- Support mitigation, prevention and response to G B\/ Ca SeS i tic I \›d i ng a Wn re Il ess t cl iSÏ ng, Vic ti III response, and coordination of the GBV programmes.
- Support rollout of child protection campaigns, community mobilization, and mediation.
- Collaborate with other child protection colleagues and key stakeholders to regularly report child protection issues.
- Lead coordination with provincial CPANs, stakeholders, and other community structures.
- Work with Child Protection and GBV subclusters at the provincial level.
- Closely coordinate with and support other Provincial Social Workers.
- Support District Workers at the district level and monitor their work, including compiling their reports —also provide guidance and support on challenges in best interest determination for extremely problematic cases.
- Conduct monitoring and reporting of key child protection issues and trends at the provincial level.
- Support advocacy, policy implementation, and system development at the provincial level working with provincial-level authorities.
- Any other relevant duty assigned to him/her by the supervisor(s).
Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields is required: Law, social science, or another relevant technical field 2 year of experience.
Ability to read, write and speak local languages and English well.
1. Skills in documenting activities (writing short articles, activity reports, taking pictures…)
2. Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a result-oriented manner under demanding working conditions, often with short deadlines.
Female Applicants are highly encouraged to Apply.
How to Apply:
Click on the link below and then click on ‘Register and Apply’ if you are not already registered with MyCTG
Follow the steps to provide your details and register
Provide the information marked in red
Save your profile and upload copies of your qualification and CV
Once you profile is created and saved go to Vacancies tab on the right corner
Click on the vacancy that you want to apply for
Provide your current employment details, date you are available from and salary expectation
Tick the boxes and click submit
You will see your application under Application tab