Job ID 12608
Salary As per Organization Salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 3 Years
Opportunity type Job
Duration 6 months, with possibility of extension
Vacancy No. CFCV-KBL-041-23-2
- Physical presence at Islam Qala border point either during the evening or day shifts depending on the peak of deportation and return.
- Ensuring that all undocumented returnees are well briefed over IOM Protection Assistance.
- Responsible to provide information about the Awaaz Afghanistan-UN call center services as accountability feedback mechanism to undocumented returnees in Islam Qala border.
- Keeps regular contact with DoRR staff at Islam Qala border point and with Protection staff in Herat and Kabul for coordination of any issues related to the return.
- In close coordination with DoRR staff in Islam Qala border, he/she will be responsible for the process of identification, protection screening and referral of the most vulnerable cases and ensure that there will be no vulnerable and protection cases are excluded from the humanitarian assistance.
- Assist in capacity building of DoRR screeners at Islam Qala border on the identification, protection screening and referral of protection cases.
- Keep regular updates and figures of the overall return (deportees and spontaneous returnees) report to Protection staff in Herat and Kabul.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies: – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies: – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Preliminary information about the current migration crisis with the country and information about the different kinds of displacements and returnees.
- Knowledge and experience in protection activities, the case identification, screening and referrals.
- Completion of secondary school with 3 years relevant working experience.
- University degree with 1 years relevant working experience.
Minimum 3 year of working experience in screening, identification.
Fluency in English, Dari, and Pashto.
Note: Applications from qualified female candidates are encourage.
How to Apply:
Click on the link below and then click on ‘Register and Apply’ if you are not already registered with MyCTG
Follow the steps to provide your details and register
Provide the information marked in red
Save your profile and upload copies of your qualification and CV
Once you profile is created and saved go to Vacancies tab on the right corner
Click on the vacancy that you want to apply for
Provide your current employment details, date you are available from and salary expectation
Tick the boxes and click submit
You will see your application under Application tab