Job ID 12096
Salary As per organization salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Medical Degree
Opportunity type Job
Vacancy No. CARE-AF-0503
Organization CARE AFGHANISTAN
The Health Project Supervisor is basically responsible for overall project coordination, planning, executing, and reporting health activities under the revised project plan including additional health activities in the province. He is also responsible to conduct supportive supervision and regular monitoring visits to CHWs, CM and HFs and support the senior health trainers for organizing initial and refresher trainings in coordination with provincial public health directorate relevant department or CBHC unit at provincial level. Supply of CHWs kits and medicine follow up and reporting remains key activity.
- Report to WAQAR project manager.
- Maintain close working coordination with CARE HERP team and other project management team at provincial level.
- Actively contributes to the project to ensure that the project interventions are implemented in effective and efficient manner and the project goal and objectives are met.
The Health Project Supervisor in coordination with senior health trainer is responsible to select appropriate frontline health worker in target community (community health wokers and community midwives) ,design, implement and monitor the project activities. He/she also might be requested to support project in terms of supportive supervision, maintain working coordination, data/updates sharing and developing/preparing requisition as per project need. He/she is expected to achieve the following results:
- Coordinate the project activities with local PPHD/PHO/CBHC department, communities, and related stakeholders at provincial level.
- Conduct/organize public awareness/orientation sessions training to target audience/volunteers and local community elders on COVID-19 response/preventive measures, primary and sexual reproductive health, and gender/family welfare interventions.
- Conduct post monitoring visits from selected service delivery points and target communities for project interventions and CHBC/RH services including monthly cash payment/salary to front line health workers.
- Supervise routine health education and community/public awareness raising sessions being facilitated/conducted by senior health trainer according to their job description.
- Maintain internal control of project activities at provincial level.
- Maintain close working coordination with all concerned provincial and community level stakeholders and relevant departments particularly CBHC department of PPHD to ensure project assets and staff safety.
- Keep close communication and working coordination with community level CSOs, elders and target beneficiaries to ensure a proper working environment as per project scope of work.
- Ensure that technical designs are as per standard and with a high and safe quality.
- Ensure that field operation plans/service delivery points are shared with key/concerned provincial level stakeholders including provincial health directorate/CBHC department, BPHS/EPHS implementer NGOs and target communities and agreed/endorsed by relevant entities.
- Organize/facilitate/help provincial representative project orientation sessions to explain project objectives to the stakeholders, communities and ensure project ownership is owned by local target communities.
- Ensure active community participation in terms of constructive feedback, awareness raising, local resource mobilization and project field activities assessment/monitoring.
- Make sure that the project activities are being implemented according to project work plan, performance indicators and targets.
- Prepare inputs from all supervising activities to M&R Officer, provincial manager, project manager at any time required.
- Perform of any other tasks as assigned.
- Build personal and inter project relationship, analytical skills, cultural sensitivity, gender sensitivity, teamwork, establish a productive working environment and persuade others, mobilize communities and good coordination with stakeholders.
- Effective technical and social mobilization skills, innovative thinking. Computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel), monitoring and excellent supervision and coordination skills.
- Promote best practices/ lessons-learned approaches with the support/active participation of local communities during project implementation.
- Encourage the community for projects’ post-completion maintenance and ownership.
- Enough understanding/ knowledge of the community health services & interventions.
- Good communication & coordination skills with concerned stakeholders and local communities.
- Management skill (Monitoring, supervision & reporting)
- Excellent training and facilitation skills
- Having a deep knowledge of Afghan traditions and cultural norms
- Ability and willingness to work at the target communities with frequent field visits.
- Ability to review and monitor activity and record outcomes and learning.
- Fluency in spoken and written Dari, Pashtu and English is highly desirable.
University degree of medical doctor is must, master’s degree is preferred.
Fluency in spoken and written Dari, Pashtu and English is Highly Desirable.
How to Apply:
- Applications after the closing date (12:00 AM) and without CARE Application form will not be accepted.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Background Check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
- People with Physical Disabilities and Women are highly encourage to apply