Job ID 12854
Salary As per salary Scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 2 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration 7 Months
Vacancy No. 9466
Job-Specific Information 1 Under the direct supervision of the Team Lead – Rural Component, the Project Management Support – Officer(Regional Operations) is responsible for supporting the effective and successful field level implementation of the community resilience and livelihoods program in the given region. 2.
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Stakeholder management and communication
2. Project coordination
3. Monitoring and reporting
Stakeholder management and communication:
● Under delegated authority, represent the UNOPS CRL Programme Implementation Unit (PIU) and support all Facilitating Partners (FPs) in the given region to develop realistic and achievable field implementation plans, monitor the plans and provide regular and ad-hoc reports to the CRL team lead rural component.
● Support the FPs of the project in the region in working with communities and with de facto authorities.
● Support the FPs in the region in securing UNOPS approval for various project documents and/or operational requirements in the field as needed.
● Support the management team in grievance redressals related to the project field implementation.
● Liaise with key actors to ensure a sound understanding of the project objectives and implementation modalities for the CRL in the given region.
● Coordinate project activities in the given region between project staff, local authorities at the provincial and district levels, and the FPs.
● Monitor and ensure that information is readily available about the achievement of Entry Criteria for Access (ECA) for every community.
● Support the ARTF monitoring agents and headquarters team members in coordinating field visits and monitoring missions.
Monitoring and reporting:
● Regularly monitor the situation and update the UNOPS PIU management team on significant developments in the region of relevance to the project, particularly related to security, new policy directives/ interpretations from local authorities, on women’s inclusion and participation, environmental and social safeguards, access of project and FP staff and monitors to the communities, etc.
3.Impact of Results:
The results achieved by the Project Management Support – Officer (Regional Operations) directly impact on the development and performance of the project, in particular the successful implementation of the rural component of the CRL. It confirms UNOPS’ role as a key and trusted partner to the World Bank, and UNOPS’ position as a critical service provider, in all challenging work environments. Given the current political and humanitarian situation in Afghanistan, this project would support the urgent repositioning of AFCO and strengthen UNOPS presence and visibility in Afghanistan, raising the profile of UNOPS in the global humanitarian context. 2 Monitoring and progress controls will be in accordance with work plans that the Supervisor and incumbent will prepare at the beginning of the assignment.
– A first-level university degree (e.g. Bachelor) in development studies, international relations, sociology, management, business administration, or other relevant fields is required. –
– A minimum of 2 years of experience working community driven development projects is required.
Experience of field implementation of a complex project/operations, for example with an NGO or private sector, is valued.
– Fluency (oral and written) in English is required.
– Pashto and Dari languages are desired.
– Ability to speak the local language dialects predominant in the region is desirable.
How to Apply:
Click on the link below and then click on ‘Register and Apply’ if you are not already registered with MyCTG
Follow the steps to provide your details and register
Provide the information marked in red
Save your profile and upload copies of your qualification and CV
Once you profile is created and saved go to Vacancies tab on the right corner
Click on the vacancy that you want to apply for
Provide your current employment details, date you are available from and salary expectation
Tick the boxes and click submit
You will see your application under Application tab
Vacancy Reference NO. in website : VAC-9466
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate. if you have any issue registering yourself, please contactform 8:00 AM up to 4:00 PM: +0093728220482