Job ID 12602
Salary Based on DRC Salary Scale
No. of Opportunity 2
Experience 1 Year
Qualification High School Diploma
Opportunity type Job
Vacancy No. VA-KDN-05-23
Organization Danish Refugee Council
The overall role of the NTS/EORE operator is to safe work in accordance NTS and EORE SOPs in the task or operation area, collect updated and reliable DATA about EO suspected hazardous areas (MF,BF and AIM) provision of Explosive Ordnance Risk Education (EORE) sessions at the community level, achievement of required levels of productivity at daily work as per the TL instructions and EORE guideline, He / She shall not direct involve with the removal or clearance of hazards from EO.
- The NTS & EORE TL shall conduct polygon survey/Non-Technical Survey of the EO suspected hazardous areas (MF, BF and AIM).
- The NTS/EORE Operator should deliver EORE sessions to the community and an area where people are at high risk according to the work plan.
- Be responsible for the team technical equipment, inventory transportation, and safety of survey/EORE teams.
- Be responsible for overall technical/operational management and radio communications issues by DRC HMA SOPs at the operational site and within the area of responsibility.
- Collect data about EO information and EO accidents, review the reports and submit them to the NTS/EORE TL.
- Make sure the EORE training material is in good condition and that enough material is available for distribution during the sessions.
- Handling, maintenance, and fault reporting of equipment assigned.
- Mapping and measurement of area where the team to do NTS survey as per the TL order.
- Report any problems identified in the operation site to the TL.
- Maintain a good liaison and communication with local authorities and the community during the operation.
- Maintain good discipline within the team during the operation (NTS or EORE).
- Keep a record of daily, weekly, NTS/EORE activities and submit to TL.
- Conduct pre-post forms as per the guideline and assigned targets and ensure SADD data collection.
- Conducting impact monitoring according to the plan, filling the forms and submit the report to the TL.
- Respond to the EO survivors by collecting the EO reports through the DRC Emergency Victim Assistance (EVA) program.
- Undertake any other tasks as ordered by the NTS/EORE Team leader in the area.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the DRC salary scale
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum one year experience in EORE
- Minimum one-year NTS experience
- Should have good communication and report-writing skills
- Both NTS/EORE operators shall be couple (mahram) to each other
- High school
- NTS course certificates
- EORE course certificates.
- Pashto and Dari –fluency
- English – basic
How to Apply:
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking the below link.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV-only applications will not be considered.