Job ID 16028
Salary As per Organizational Salary Structure
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Vacancy No. ORO/HRD/AZB/001
Organization Azizi Bank
The Jobholder shall be accountable for the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Keep himself abreast of the relevant local regulatory requirements related to the assigned area of responsibility, and international best practices in this domain. Understand and implement the guidelines. Ensure internal communication and discussion on the existing and new relevant requirements.
- Understand, analyze and interpret the political and economic environment in Afghanistan.
- Ensure that robust risk controls are maintained to prevent unauthorized exposures in accordance with the Bank’s Risk Management policies and monitoring processes.
- Contribute to the development of the Bank’s Risk Management Framework (policies, processes and tools) with a view to provide a consistent, pragmatic and effective approach to identify, assess, measure and mitigate the associated risks.
- Develop, maintain, and implement the adopted Bank policies, monitoring processes and measures to enforce those policies with regard to the assigned area of responsibility. Ensure periodic reporting on the same.
- Work closely with the Employees the Risk Management Department and other Departments on all matters related to risk management, with a view to ensure that the risks are sensitively calculated and managed properly.
- Work closely with other Department Heads, Internal and External Auditors to identify new system and data requirements (portfolio data, external data and market price and rates data) as well as continuous improvements in the Bank’s Risk Management Framework.
- Provide support and coaching in the domain of assigned responsibilities to the Bank Employees with a view to inculcate risk awareness within the Bank’s operational areas.
Other tasks and duties may be assigned if needs arise
Required qualifications and skills:
- University graduate (preferably Master’s) in relevant disciplines such as economics, business administration, mathematics, statistics, banking & finance, management etc. Additional professional certificates (or university degree near completion) shall also be considered.
- Minimum three years of experience in the banking sector. Preference shall be given to the candidates having experience in the field of risk management, credit risk, finance, market risk, internal controls, internal or external audit.
- Interest in Da Afghanistan Bank regulations and Basel Committee guidelines pertaining to prudent risk management. Ability to understand the guidelines and apply them in the work environment.
- Interest in internal controls or risk control frameworks.
- Interest in working on cross-functional teams, performing activities in geographically dispersed environment, providing internal training and coaching of peers.
- Excellent Excel skills, attention to detail.
- Pro-active and constructive attitude, initiative, self-confidence, excellent analytical and reporting skills. Quick learner
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume with a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than May 05, 2023 to email@example.com
The name of position and vacancy number must be written in the subject line of your email otherwise your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test.