Job ID 18535
Salary According to the HADAAF salary scale and Project budget
No. of Opportunity 24
Experience 2 Years
Qualification Medical Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration One Year
Vacancy No. HADAAF-23-021
Location Khost Paktia
The Nutrition Screener will be part of existent overcrowded BPHS clinics in targeted districts of Khost and Paktia provinces. The main responsibility of this position is screening of under 5 and under 2 years’ children and PLWs in the targeted clinics. It will help to assess nutritional status of all under 5-year children and pregnant and lactating women.
Major Area of Responsibilities:
- Conduct systematic screening to all U5 children (Edema, MUAC, Height and Weight) and PLW (MUAC & Edema).
- Conduct growth monitoring for all children U2 coming to the OPD-SAM and OPD-MAM services once in a month.
- Maintain and update the screening, OPD-MAM and OPD-SAM register books on a daily basis
- Conduct appetite test to all MAM and SAM children that need to be admitted in the program
- Conduct health education sessions for mothers/caregivers of all children admitted in the program
- Classification of all U5 children in categories of well-nourished and Acute Malnutrition (SAM and MAM).
Additional Job Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience
- Previous experiences working in nutrition activities
- Patience, good relations with other people, good capacity to work in a team, precision, work under stressful situation.
- Ability to manage staff according to local culture
- Fluent in Pashto
- High flexibility on the location area
- Good team management and positive attitude
- Knowledge of intervention area is a plus
- Graduate medical nurse, midwife or public health from recognized institute (Female)
- At least 2 years’ experience in the field of health and nutrition
How to Apply:
Interested candidate with the required qualification and experience should send their applications along with a cover letter to no later than 31 May 2023.: +93786243900
Applications will not be accepted/considered after the closing date. Only short-listed candidates whose applications meet the above criteria will be considered.