Job ID 17875
Salary As per company salary scale
No. of Opportunity 3
Experience 1 Year
Qualification High School Diploma
Opportunity type Job
Duration Short term
Vacancy No. Jhp-UHI-384
- Supervisory position:
- Location: Mazar-e-Sharif City
- Provide Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF), Growth Monitoring Promotion and maternal nutrition Counselling of all mothers with a special focus on Pregnant and lactating mothers/women.
- Raise Nutrition education to pregnant and lactating mothers of children receiving nutrition services
- Facilitate Focus group discussion between group of mothers of well-nourished children and malnourished children
- Promote hygiene best practices through community engagement and community leader’s mobilization.
- Manage and Conduct food demonstration sessions in community
- Screen children 6 to 59 month and PLWs for malnutrition.
- Provide specific counselling to the mothers of SAM and MAM children regarding proper complementary feeding in different stages of life
- Counselling to pregnant and lactating women for getting additional food.
- Promote and distribute Iron Folic Acid (IFA) and micronutrient for mothers during lactation and pregnancy.
- Responsible for conduction all other nutrition activities such as Growth monitoring of all U2 year children and screening of children under five and PLWs for acute malnutrition using MUAC or weight\height scale for children.
- Register and report all activities including the supplies distributed, the number of beneficiaries, the SAM and MAM cases, the date and location of services, and report those on monthly bases,
- Perform other tasks -within area of expertise- as requested by the supervisor
- Gradated degree certified nurse or a midwife or at least High school graduate with nutrition background.
- At least have 1-year experiences in Nutrition Counselling.
- Received training of nutrition Counsellor package
- Ability to work successfully in teams, across a diverse team in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Strong skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including strong writing, analytical and communication skills in Dari, Pashtu and English (preferable)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at Note: Please mention the job title and vacancy number of the position on your email subject line otherwise your application may not be considered . The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer!
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; education assistance plan and more.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer!