Job ID 18541
Salary According to the HADAAF salary scale and Project budget
No. of Opportunity 2
Experience 2 Years
Opportunity type Job
Duration One Year
Vacancy No. HADAAF-23-019
Location Khost Paktia
The nutrition counselor will be part of the existent BPHS clinic and will work inside of the team. The main responsibility of this position is providing of counseling to caregivers of under 5 and under 2 years’ children and PLWs. It will help to assess nutritional status of all under 5 year children and pregnant and lactating women.
Duty and Responsibilities:
- Provide Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF), Growth Monitoring Promotion and maternal nutrition Counselling of all mothers with a special focus on Pregnant and lactating mothers/women.
- Raise Nutrition education to pregnant and lactating mothers of children receiving nutrition services
- Facilitate Focus group discussion between group of mothers of well-nourished children and malnourished children
- Promote hygiene best practices through community engagement and community leader’s mobilization.
- Manage and Conduct food demonstration sessions in community
- Screen children 6 to 59 month and PLWs for malnutrition.
- Provide specific counselling to the mothers of SAM and MAM children regarding proper complementary feeding in different stages of life
- Counselling to pregnant and lactating women for getting additional food.
- Promote and distribute Iron Folic Acid (IFA) and micronutrient for mothers during lactation and pregnancy.
- Responsible for conduction all other nutrition activities such as Growth monitoring of all U2 year children and screening of children under five and PLWs for acute malnutrition using MUAC or weight\height scale for children.
- Register and report all activities including the supplies distributed, the number of beneficiaries, the SAM and MAM cases, the date and location of services, and report those on monthly bases,
- Perform other tasks -within area of expertise- as requested by the superviso
- Secondary school diploma with 2 to 3 years’ relevant experience and should be female
- At least 2 years’ clinical experience in primary health care services
- Fluent in Speaking and writing of national languages.
- Experience working with health information systems
- Previous work with Mobile Health team
How to Apply:
Interested candidate with the required qualification and experience should send their applications along with a cover letter to no later than 31 May 2023.Applications will not be accepted/considered after the closing date. Only short-listed candidates whose applications meet the above criteria will be considered.