Job ID 17789
Salary According to NTA Salary Scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration One year/ Extendable
Vacancy No. NR/KBL/10/22/086
Organization Aga Khan Foundation
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The National Coordinator, Education (M&E)—ECW is a key member of the Project Management Unit (PMU) that manages an ECW-funded project that is implementing Community-Based Education across 10 provinces of Afghanistan, through a consortium of NGO / lNGO partners. The National Coordinator, (M&E)—ECW will report to the National Knowledge Management & Support Manager and work closely with the ECW PMU Manager, consortium partner’s M&E focal points, and AKF national and regional Education teams. S/he is responsible for coordinating the project’s M&E requirements that will further support program development, project planning, communication, and information flow from the field to the donor.
S/he will be based in Kabul, but with frequent (approx. 40% time) travel to the AKF and partners program areas.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Impact Monitoring: Work with the PMU, consortium partners, and AKF Education team to design and disseminate project monitoring tools and guidelines that track project results, capture indicator specific data, and ensures adequate data collection for high-quality donor reporting.
• Information Management: Establish real time and responsive information management systems for managing project data and build the capacity of M&E focal points on using and managing the system.
• Field Visits / Spot Checks: Coordinate with consortium partners and AKF Education team to collect, review, and present data, tools, and information for internal and third-party audits, spot checks, monitoring visits, baseline/endline, and other M&E requirements.
• System Development: Establish and roll-out a robust monitoring and evaluation framework, system, and plan to track partner’s and AKF’s project implementation progress and results and build M&E staff capacity on the framework, system, and plan to ensure smooth program implementation.
• Knowledge Management and Sharing: Maintain thorough online and offline electronic records on all relevant project documents including studies, spot check reports, project targets, log frame, reports, training packages/materials, etc, and follow-up with partners and AKF Education team on their responses to report recommendations and document / program adaptations / revisions.
• Field Visits: Undertake monitoring visits to project sites and provide field visit reports that include observations, recommendations, and capacity building plans to ensure programs are being implemented/monitored as per project requirements.
• Coordination and Representation: Lead the Monitoring & Evaluation Working Group in the development of project standards and practices. Attend Partners’ technical working groups (TWG) to share insight on strengthening program quality using research findings, trends, and learning gained from reports, studies, data collection / analysis, etc.
• Reporting: Collect, clean, consolidate, and analyze relevant data from consortium partners and AKF Education teams for project reporting and ensure that all reports are prepared and submitted with high- quality and in a timely manner, as per donor requirements.
• Carries out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Demonstrate teamwork and extend cooperation with other AKF projects and departments.
• Provide ad hoc data requests from AKF Global office, Senior Management, and the MoE.
• Other duties and responsibilities relevant to the core responsibilities and duties of this position as assigned by supervisor of this position.
DECISION-MAKING & AUTHORITY
• Establishing an education information management system.
• Minimum 3 years’ work experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Information Management in the development sector; especially in Education.
• Bachelors in education, Statistics, and other social science fields with significant experience in data management.
• Ability to analyses detailed information systematically and in depth.
• Ability and willingness to travel throughout Afghanistan to project sites (security allowing).
• Leadership skills, ability to work cohesively in a diverse team, excellent interpersonal communications, and mentoring skills.
• Considerable analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong understanding of the Afghanistan context.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
• Creativity and Innovation.
• Teamwork and Networking.
• Client Orientation.
• Planning and organizing.
How to Apply:
• Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
• No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
• Salary scale: Grade C based on NTA Salary scale. Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.