Job ID 18064
Salary As per company salary scale
No. of Opportunity 8
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration 1 year
Vacancy No. AD#AF 383/23
Location Samangan Jawzjan Herat Nangarhar Baghlan Kunduz Kabul Kapisa
The M&E Officer will work under the M&E department Standard Operating Procedures will lead the Monitoring and Evaluation activities of the Afghan Girls Education (AGE) in the target provinces. He/She will understand the AGE project and will ensure integrity and transparency in delivery of M&E activities as well as reporting and coordination. He/She will coordinate and monitor the project work plan and staff activities, and will provide staff with constructive feedback and comments to improve the quality of implementation. The incumbent will follow the M&E plans and will guide, manage and coordinate the project M&E operations at the field levels.
The incumbent is the key technical staff of the M&E department at the field levels where ensuring quality implementation of the project activities, and will provide the project staff with support quality implementation of the project activities. He/She will closely work with project staff on the activities and will guide, manage and coordinate the project M&E data collection and management operations at the field levels.
Monitoring of safeguarding will also be carried out as per BRAC Afghanistan safeguarding policies.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Under the overall guidance from the M&E specialist/Manager, the M&E Officer will report to the M&E Specialist/Manager and work closely with the project staff, other support units and stakeholders to support in overall planning, monitoring, and reporting of AGE project progress and information management at the sub-national (provincial/district) levels. He/She will perform the following, but not limited to:
• Understand the AGE project indicators, outputs, outcomes and the ultimate results
• Support the project staff in different assessments, surveys and research initiatives.
• Analyze and discuss findings with RM, PM and PO and other relevant staffs based on regular monitoring data.
• Support and follow the M&E plan and ensure regular data collection of the project, as well as ensure quality of the MIS data by random verification, validation and cross checking
• Provide capacity building to the field staff to understand the ultimate results of the project.
• Conduct regular field visits to the project sites (CBE classes, districts, villages, Shuras/CDCs) and collect quality, accurate and precise data using the standard M&E tools, enter it to the M&E digitized systems.
• Coordinate with the project staff over planning and monitoring activities that will take place as per project implementation plans
• Consolidate the monitoring findings and debrief the implementation staff over areas of improvement rigorously.
• Reporting of critical findings through the existing M&E mechanisms on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
• Support the donor and other stakeholders during monitoring visits as per instructions of provincial managers and M&E department
• Support the implementation managers through feedback obtained from beneficiary community.
• Analyze the M&E data and report on project outputs and outcomes on periodic basis.
• Ensure accountability at all levels of implementation including communication of complaints and response reciprocally between project and beneficiary community.
• Ensure data integrity, validity, quality of products as well as delivery to the beneficiaries.
• Contribute to and support the Head of M&E and Project Manager on period project progress reports and reports to the donor
• Carry out safeguarding monitoring at all levels of project as per safeguarding plan for the project
• Report on persistent issues through the current special reporting mechanism of M&E department.
• Comply with the BRAC M&E SOPs and guidelines
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of BRAC safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Attend coordination meetings with relevant depart and project team and come up with proposals that can support the efficient delivery of services for the target community.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
• At least Bachelor degree in any social or natural science disciplines, monitoring, research, or in other relevant studies.
• Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation
• Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in development organizations in the context of Afghanistan
• Knowledge of education, programs, Social audit, community score card
• Knowledge of participatory research methods, participation action and learning
• Knowledge of contextual diversity of various areas of Afghanistan
• Monitoring and evaluation techniques and processes
• Data collection and management
• Analytical and research skills
• Good command over report writing in English
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office
• Experience of producing M&E & MIS data collection tools, data analysis and reporting
• Demonstrated experience in capturing learning and documenting knowledge
• Demonstrated skills in digitized data collection and management (Kobo toolbox, ODK, Google forms/sheets, etc.)
• Communication skills for presenting monitoring findings
• Fluency in Pashto and/or Dari in addition to English and Urdu languages will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resources Department, BRAC Afghanistan,
Only complete applications will be accepted and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse.
BRAC Afghanistan retains the right to not recruit for any of the positions advertised for here.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply.