Job ID 17597
Salary As per the salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 2 Years
Opportunity type Job
Duration 8 month with possibility of extension
Vacancy No. 025-2023
- Plan, organize and ensure the implementation and supervision, in close collaboration with other medical staffs, of all Sexual and Reproductive health activities.
- Participate in the definition and update of annual project planning and budget, and if needed, in any emergency activity or exploratory visit in or out of the project area.
- Inform other medical managers or doctors about any possible serious problem or complication (i.e. worsening of state of patients, problems in medicines, etc.). Coordinate and assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women to receive further medical evaluation to manage efficiently the resources needed for delivering BEmONC care while keeping good quality levels.
- Assist and collaborate with the field doctors and nurses when required (normal or complicated deliveries, SV cases, etc.) to complement the existing human resources and contribute to the resolution of complicated cases.
- Ensure the new-born babies are followed up correctly since delivery and until discharge and that all pregnant women and newborn children are referred to the Extended Program on Immunization (EPI).
- Manage the midwife and maternity staffs in the project. Plan and supervise the associated HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, motivation, internal/external communication, etc.) to improve staff’s capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Ensure and supervise the implementation of protocols by all staffs under his responsibility to improve the quality of the healthcare given to population and to prevent any infection due to staff malpractices.
- Supervise the proper distribution of drugs and use of materials, keeping track of consumption patterns and supply orders, and monitor inventories, together with the project logistician. Train the midwife and maternity staffs to ensure having minimum levels of stock to carry out the activities of the project and a rational and appropriate use of material resources.
- In coordination with the project biomedical service supervise the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipate and communicate future needs.
- Detect need for further training of any medical staffs (e.g. medical procedures, resuscitation etc.), communicate this to supervisor, participate in planning and execution of training.
- Supervise administrative procedures and documents, analyse routine data for monitoring purposes, and is responsible for the collection and analysis of medical statistics and reporting of SRH activities (participation in epidemiological reports and monthly reports according to guidelines) in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity in the project and to provide support in the decision-making.
- Collaborate and coordinate with project medical and technical staff to ensure SRHR activities are well integrated in primary health programming.
- Participate in need assessment to ensure a proper data and information collection regarding SRHR situation.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Intersos values.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Midwifery recognized qualification essential.
- Two years’ experience as midwife. Work with NGO and low GDP countries desirable.
- English language is highly desirable.
- Local language.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Leadership, people management and development.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Good report writing and proposal writing skills desirable.
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards, and best practices.
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles.
How to Apply:
Respected Applicants, please visit the link below and fill in the required information.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and called for a test/Interview.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.