Job ID 15902
Salary As per the salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 5 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration 06 Month with possible extension.
Vacancy No. 016-2023
Location Kandahar Zabul
In collaboration with the Protection Unit and the Medical Unit, provide technical guidance and
support to MHPSS staff (both medical and protection staff) ensuring the different components of the
Programs are delivered according to internal guidelines and in line with international standards and
principles, according to INTERSOS’ vision and values. He/she is the technical focal point to provide
appropriate and timely technical guidance to Afghanistan INTERSOS mission including capacity
building, development of guidance notes/tools, and developing MHPSS strategies.
Main responsibilities and tasks
1-Support to the programme:
- Lead efforts to provide guidance and support to field programmes in Afghanistan that will result in the development and implementation of high-quality MHPSS programmes and strategies that make a measurable impact. In particular:
- Provide mhgap training to health personnel and, if necessary, build additional training materials for MHPSS components according to National policy and international standards to support the training of health staff in Afghanistan to raise their capacity in responding to MHPSS issues;
- Supervise the MHPSS Specialist and develop tools to support the monitoring and supervision of Psychologists and ensure proper standards are followed in PSS service delivery;
- Train, together with the MHPSS Specialist, the PSS counsellors and provide on-job mentoring, especially for identification and referral of cases that need specialized services.
- Supervise the MHPSS Specialist and provide on the job coaching and mentoring
- Support and supervise the coordination between the focused non specialized PSS intervention with the Individual Case Management;
- Develop training materials for different target groups of staff in Intersos covering Protection staff and volunteers
- Develop psycho education manuals for use in the community
- Develop guidelines to ensure the PSS component in Case Management is strengthened and there is a clear referral mandate to the psychologist / PSS counsellors
- Increase and enhance MHPSS programme monitoring and evaluation, and determining impact, wherever possible, including the use of standard indicators.
2-Development and quality control
- Ensure roll-out of the MHPSS Global SOP and develop the MHPSS in Protection SOP for the mission.
- Develop tools to monitor and evaluate PSS services
- Develop curriculum for structured and unstructured PSS as needed
- Develop a clear MHPSS strategy along with the Protection Coordinator for the Afghan mission in consideration of the current crisis in collaboration with field teams
- Support HQ Protection unit in developing guidelines for MHPSS and design standardized tools
3-Coordination and Representation
- Represent Intersos in the Afghan MHPSS WG and share best practices and lessons learnt;
- Ensure Intersos MHPSS approach is in line with Global and cluster standards.
- Master degree in Clinical or General Psychology.
- Minimum of five years of relevant working experience in MHPSS-related sectors, with focus on humanitarian Protection.
- Strong theoretical, technical and practical background in MHPSS .
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work and integrate in a multicultural team.
- Ability to work under pressure, flexibility.
- Problem solver, dynamic, mature, proactive.
- Diplomatic skills in networking with partners, authorities and donors.
- Experience in complex emergency setting involving internal displacements.
- Reporting skills, experience with monitoring tools and systems, data collection and analysis.
- Excellent computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of Dari or Pashto will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
Please indicate the position title, Vacancy Number, and Location in the Subject Line of your email otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and called for a test/Interview.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.