Job ID 12676
Salary As per company salary scale
No. of Opportunity 14
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration 1 Year
Vacancy No. AD#AF 319/23
Organization BRAC Afghanistan
Location Badakhshan Badghis Baghlan Balkh Bamian Daikondi Farah Faryab Ghowr Herat Jawzjan Kunduz Sar-e Pol Takhar
Under the overall guidance from the M&E&MIS Manager and Provincial Manager, the M&E and MIS Officer will report to the M&E and MIS Manager/Provincial Manager and work closely with the project staff, other support units and stakeholders to support in overall planning, monitoring, and reporting of ABADEI project progress and information management at the sub-national (provincial/district) levels. He/She will perform the following, but not limited to:
Monitoring and Evaluation
1. Understand the CLEAR project indicators, outputs, outcomes and the ultimate results
2. Support the project staff in conducting Need Assessments (NA), make sure the eligible project participants selected, and contribute to the NA report.
3. Support and follow the M&E plan and ensure regular data collection of the project, as well as ensure quality of the data by random verification, validation and cross checking
4. Provide capacity building to the field staff to understand the ultimate results of the project.
5. Conduct regular field visits to the project sites (province capital, districts, villages, CDCs) and collect quality, accurate and precise data using the standard M&E tools, enter it to the M&E digitized systems.
6. Coordinate with the project staff over planning and monitoring activities that will take place as per project implementation plans
7. Consolidate the monitoring findings and debrief the implementation staff over areas of improvement rigorously.
8. Reporting of critical findings through the existing M&E mechanisms on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
9. Support the donor and other stakeholders during monitoring visits as per instructions of provincial managers and M&E department
10. Support the implementation managers through feedback obtained from beneficiary community.
11. Analyze the M&E data and report on project outputs and outcomes on periodic basis.
12. Ensure accountability at all levels of implementation including communication of complaints and response reciprocally between project and beneficiary community.
13. Ensure data integrity, validity, quality of products as well as delivery to the beneficiaries.
14. Contribute to and support the M&E and MIS Manager on period project progress reports and reports to the donor
15. Carry out safeguarding monitoring at all levels of project as per devised safeguarding plan for the project
16. Report on persistent issues through the current special reporting mechanism of M&E department.
17. Comply with the BRAC M&E SOPs and guidelines
18. Practice, promote and endorse the issues of BRAC safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
19. Attend coordination meetings with relevant depart and project team and come up with proposals that can support the efficient delivery of services for the target community.
20. Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Management Information System (MIS)
1. Support the M&E&MIS Manager in preparing the MIS plan, data collection tools and data analysis system
2. Ensure the project MIS system is updated and provided with accurate information and reports on a regular basis.
3. Ensure regular data collection of the project, as well as ensure quality of the data by random verification validation and cross checking
4. Establish/support the data and information record keeping system and proper documentations of the project beneficiaries, indicator and output based information.
5. Support the M&E&MIS manager in preparing beneficiary profiles and contact details and upload to the MIS system
6. Make sure the MIS database is regularly updated with data accuracy, consistency and produce monthly, quarterly and need base reports.
7. Assist the line supervisors in preparing project progress reports, donor reports, country updates, stakeholder reports and BI-MIS datasheets
8. Conduct regular fields visits as per plan, collect quality, accurate and precise data, compile and aggregate MIS data and submit to the MIS system in timely manner
9. Prepare and submit the summary and analysis report as per project activities to M&E&MIS Manager/provincial manager for their quarterly report writing at the end of each month/quarter.
10. Regular follow up and provide constructive feedback to project team at the field levels to improve the project implementation, data collection, management and reporting.
11. Ensure data integrity, quality of products as well as delivery to the beneficiaries.
12. Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
13. Comply with the BRAC data and information protection and dissemination policy
14. Attend coordination meetings with project staff and other stakeholders and come up with proposals that can support the efficient delivery of services for the target community.
15. Comply with the BRAC MIS SOPs and guidelines
16. Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
17. Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
18. Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
19. Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Good organizational, communication, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management skills.
- Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari, both written and spoken
- Familiar with report writing and planning
- Honest, proactive, and well mannered.
- Training and capacity building skills in participatory monitoring method
- Database management and administration skills
- Experience of maintaining a reliable M&E/MIS database on
- the status of project implementation, delivery, evaluations, and reporting
- Experience of working in teams and coordinating with project/Programme personnel located in distant offices
- Experience of producing M&E & MIS data collection tools, data analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in capturing learning and documenting knowledge
- Demonstrated skills in digitized data collection and management (Kobo toolbox, ODK, Google forms/sheets, etc.)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resources Department, BRAC Afghanistan,
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply.
BRAC Afghanistan retains the right to not recruit for any of the positions advertised for here.
If you have any difficulties to apply for this job please contact to jobintn.com technical team through WhatsApp 0744827621