Job ID 18546
Salary HADAAF is a non-governmental, non for profit and non-sectarian Afghan NGO founded in March 2004 and legally registered with the Ministry of Economy in 2006.
No. of Opportunity 4
Experience 3 Years
Opportunity type Job
Duration One Year
Vacancy No. HADAAF-23-018
Location Khost Paktia
The MIYCN Master Trainer is responsible for providing technical support to MIYCN Trainings in Paktia and Khost Provinces. In addition to the specific duties outlined below, the position holder will be responsible to have follow up of MIYCN trainings in targeted clinics. In each province one couple is required (Male and Female).
Major Area of Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN) Training of Trainers (ToT) in planned venue, and pass the final knowledge and skills assessment after the TOT.
- Conduct and facilitate the provincial MIYCN trainings to frontline health workers including MD, Nurse and Midwife.
- Prepare training materials in line with the MoPH/MIYCN TWGs and print training material/handouts for the trainees.
- Conduct supervision and on-the-job coaching visits to health facilities as per the plan provided by the manager
- Work closely with the Provincial team to ensure all MIYCN training sessions are conducted as per the plan, guidelines and schedule of MIYCN TWG.
- Ensure that all training aids and materials including PowerPoint slides are available and used during training sessions as per the MIYCN guidelines.
- Collect and report necessary pre-and post-training evaluation data and any other data required of them during the training.
- Provide a summary report after each session in designated formats.
- He /She shall perform the services diligently and in accordance with the highest professional standards all the times.
- He /She shall be well prepared before facilitation of each session of training possessing solid command of the technical concepts and skills delivered to participants.
- Report any issues and challenges faced during the provincial trainings on the spot to regional and national coordinator.
- Support logistic support and coordination for the training at provincial level
- Be prepared to travel to remote areas.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
- Skilled in, and committed to, community participation/interaction, field visits and presence in program areas.
- Able to speak/write in Pashto, Dari and English with clarity and ease.
- Computer skills (MS Office).
- Strength in interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours, and capability to work in insecure environment
- Available to travel in to the targeted districts of the province.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Cooperative and helpful attitude and willingness to work outside normal business hours as needed
Education and Experience:
- MD degree from recognize university
- Be a verify MIYCN Master Trainer
- At least 3 years’ experience in the field of nutrition
- Broad knowledge and experience of supervision and monitoring
How to Apply:
Interested candidate with the required qualification and experience should send their applications along with a cover letter to no later than 31 May will not be accepted/considered after the closing date. Only short-listed candidates whose applications meet the above criteria will be considered.