Job ID 11892
Salary Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 2 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration The position is Fixed term
Vacancy No. HRM/MRMO 013-23
Organization Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
Under direct supervision of the District Manager, the Market Linkage Officer is responsible for supporting the professional and efficient implementation of field level livelihoods activities, capacity building and Market linkage of local produced products of Producer Groups and entrepreneurs. The Market Linkage Officer will play a bridge role between local producers and Market. He /She maintains close cooperation with the targeted local communities, project technical team and local authorities and line departments, mobilize to take active part in the planning and implementation of activities as well as will take necessary steps to improve Livelihoods when it comes to need assessment of producer groups and developing capacity development plan and business plan, implementation ,linkages, communications, joint visits and networking.
- Establish and maintain a list of local enterprises in the targeted rural communities.
- Identify the potential enterprises for market support.
- Facilitate Producer Groups to develop marketing plan, capacity building plan, business plan and meet entrepreneurs for other technical needs.
- Propose technical and non-technical training for Entrepreneurs and Producer Groups on marketing of their produce.
- Facilitate backward and forward linkages for SCA target groups.
- Facilitate linkages between enterprises & Producer Groups such as bulk purchasing, sub-contracting and collective marketing.
- Create market linkage between rural, urban and regional markets: e.g., identify exhibition opportunities for local products and facilitate the Producer Group members to participate in exhibitions.
- Facilitate targeted Producer Groups to collect and analyses information on the basic pricing system.
- Facilitate exposure visits for enterprise groups within the province and nationally.
- Work jointly with vocational trainers and trainees, producer group members and entrepreneurs for providing technical supports in terms of identifying type of vocations, enterprises and product design as per market demand.
- Maintain good liaison with local media to promote Producer Groups products and services.
- Prepare training modules to the individual producers and producer groups on marketing of their producer and linkages with market actors.
- Conduct and deliver marketing and Business development training to entrepreneurs and Producers groups in target CDCs.
- Contribute in conducting assessments, surveys, sectorial value chain assessments;
- Work closely and conduct regular meetings with producer group members, entrepreneurs, VTC and business entities and market actors to promote the quality of products and sales and marketing and maintaining proper bookkeeping system.
- Submit photos and relevant data on the project activities to CGLP database in a timely manner.
- Effective communication with target group members to ensure broad understanding on their role and responsibilities and are strengthened to successfully contributing towards the achievements of planned activities.
- A public outreach plan developed for target groups to improve linkages and communication between CDCs, Business associations, stakeholders etc.;
- Prepare & submit relevant activities plan with report in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the productive loan process.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as assigned by the Line Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Economics and Agricultural economy from recognized college or university and any other relevant field with 1-2 years’ relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization.
- At least 1- 2 years’ experiences in business development activities at field level with an NGO, or a development agency in Afghanistan.
- Experience in training, business development, capacity building, and system set-ups follow-up and monitoring and administrative management will be an advantage.
- Documented familiarity of rural livelihood, producers’ groups, vocational trainings, Market linkage, agricultural products and market development and other relevant experience at grass root and higher level.
- Development and facilitation of livelihoods training especially Marketing and vocational trainings for entrepreneurs, producer groups, agriculture producer groups and vocational trainees.
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Good command of English and fluency in Pashto & Dari, both written and spoken
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Supervisory, team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience of planning, reporting and budgeting.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive and well mannered.
- Familiarity with the eastern region where SCA operates.
- Ready to work, live and travel in an intricate and strenuous environment.
- To be an Afghan citizen
How to Apply:
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to through the link below:
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline is not accepted.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.