Job ID 12859
Salary As per organization salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Medical Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration One year (Extendable)
Vacancy No. Lab Supervisor BMN-NR0007
Organization AKHS-A (Aga Khan Health Service-Afghanistan)
- Design and conduct training courses for the laboratory technicians of the AKHS-A and partner NGOs working in the program areas.
- Provide refresher training for the laboratory technicians and supervise the quality of work.
- Prepare specifications. And participate in the procurement of laboratory equipments and reagents.
- Monitor and supervise the quality of laboratory services in Baghlan, Bamyan and Badakshan health facilities in close collaborator with the Regional Health Program Managers.
- Review the training needs for new recruits.
- Develop protocol and procedure manual; for BHCs, CHCs and Hospitals.
- Provide a monthly work plan and feedback report to the Regional Health Program Managers and Hospital Advisor.
- And other duty assigned by CEO/Program Director and Hospital Manager.
Eduacation: Medical Labratory Technologist. B.Sc/M.Sc degree in medical graduated from a reputable university in Medical Labratory Technologist with elective in Microbiology from a recognized institution.
Work experiance: Proven experinace in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Parasitological, Clinical Chemistry, Blood Bank Techniques and be able to calibrate and quality control biochemistry.
Vast experiance in supervision clinical audit and evidence based practies staff monitoring and institutional developement particulary labratory design.
Skill: good computer skill in word, excel and MS office.
Language: Excellent spoken and written english skill.
Genral: Able to work independently and can take initiative.
Desirable: Knowledge of essential paackage of hospital service and basic package of service policies, Knowledge of access , EPI-info archive and knowledge of working dari.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants who are exactly suitable with above criteria are requested to send their applications + CVs and clearly mention the job title and vacancy number in the subject line: (Lab Supervisor BMN-NR0007) otherwise their application will not be considered.
Note: Applications are reviewed on active bases and after receiving sufficient eligible applications we may process the position before closing date.
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan strives to promote diversity as well as provide an equal employment opportunity to each candidate, regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, language, marital status, origin, political affiliation, religion, sex, or social statuses.
Aga khan Health Service- Afghanistan is an equal opportunities employer. Female are encouraged to apply.
AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net-zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to app.