Job ID 12089
Salary As per the Organization salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 2 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration 6 Months
Vacancy No. PU-AMI/HR/KBL/001988
Under the supervision of the Internal Auditor, the Internal Audit Officer has the following responsibilities :
- Internal Audit: Under the supervision of the Internal Auditor, He/she carries out regular, random or targeted checks to ensure compliance with the PU-AMI procedures. He/she organizes and coordinates the implementation of measures if necessary to ensure that the organization’s goals and objectives are met.
- External Audit: He/she coordinates the preparation and conduct of external audits in coordination with the departments concerned of the mission. under the supervision of the Internal Auditor
- Risk Management: He/she ensures compliance with rules, plans, procedures, laws, regulations, contracts He/she participates in the analysis of situations impacting the Association as a whole, participates in risk monitoring, and suggests (in consultation with the Internal Auditor) mitigation measures at the mission level.
- Training: He/She participates in the consolidation of audit information and dissemination to the Internal Auditor. He/She provides training to national and expatriate staff, as required, in line with lessons learned from audits.
- Archiving: He/She participates in the monitoring (under supervision and consultation with the Internal Auditor) of archiving procedures in coordination with the responsible department.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Internal Audit Officer is responsible for providing assurance to the mission on Governance, Risk Management, and Internal Controls.
He/She reports to the internal auditor.
Closely works with the Departments and Bases with consideration of the code of ethics and independency of the Office of the Internal Audit.
Conduct the audit based on the internal audit plan, surprise audits, and alerts received.
The Internal Audit Officer’s tasks/responsibilities are mentioned below as objectives and any other task assigned by the Internal Auditor, HOM, and HQ Internal Audit.
Activities/Main duties: Carry out Internal Audits in accordance with the internal audit plan and standard procedures
– Implement an internal audit plan under the supervision of the internal auditor that identifies risks and priorities, in collaboration with all departments and bases.
– Carry out audits of documentation, internal and donor procedures, and processes, at coordination and field levels.
– Coordinate the quarterly check under the supervision of the internal auditor and follow up with the department and bases.
-in General, ensure that the principles of accountability and transparency are at the heart of the mission’s spirit and practices.
– Review the received document based on the SOP/checklist and follow-up the pending with the Department and bases and informing the internal auditor for further process.
– Prepare the lessons learned (capitalize the faced challenges after every external audit) gained during the course of the external audit and share it with the Internal Auditor for review and validations.
–Prepare a follow-up of recommendations using the standard tool and share it with the relevant department after the revision of the internal auditor.
– Regularly update a follow-up of internal and external recommendations. Share with the Internal auditor for discussion and further steps required.
– Monitor the implementation of external and internal audit recommendations and report on the progress to the Internal auditor
-As part of a formal and regular process, ensure that HQ recommendations are implemented, and report to the Internal auditor regard of the progress/status.
– Ensuring that all association and mission standards are implemented as well as compliance with donor rules.
-Monitor national legislation (Tax Exemption, social security, and labor law)
-Ensuring compliance with tax laws and that tax and VAT exemptions are achieved in a timely manner.
-Follow up on contentious cases (supplier, staff)
–under the supervision of the internal auditor conduct the investigation and share the finding with the internal auditor before finalization of the findings.
–request the document/file, conduct an interview, and testimony and the progress on the activity share with the internal auditor for consultation purposes.
-conducts an investigation for alerts raised, and reports to the internal auditor before sharing with the committee for guidance and decision.
-discuss and reports to the internal auditor regard of the investigation mechanism, process, and findings.
–verify the knowledge and understanding of internal and donor procedures and processes and recommend training if necessary.
–participate in the establishment and/or improvement of internal procedures and tools.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any other relevant field.
Another relevant training or certification will be an asset
Three years of experience in finance, logistic, HR, and Programs.
Two years of experience in INGO (working in INGO is an advantage)
Excellent Command of English and local language (Dari, Pashto)
Advanced Command of MS Office Suites (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
Strong organizational capacity
Excellent knowledge of the local context, stakeholders, needs, and available own network in communities.
Strong knowledge of the INGO Procedure
Previous experience with PU-AMI would be an asset
How to Apply:
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure to press submit at the end of the application.
You are allowed to apply only before closing date
Due to large number of applicants we are unable to provide individual feedback.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted.
Qualified Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
Academic certificates/diplomas. These will be requested if called for interview. Women application are strongly encouraged.