Job ID 12260
Salary Based on IRC salary scale (9B)
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration one years (possibility of extension)
Organization IRC (International Rescue Committee)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create positive relations with target communities through regular meetings and informal discussions. He/she will identify focal points at the district/community level.
- Maintain good relation with key local influencers.
- Establish and maintain informal or formal relations and a network of contacts permitting the collection of diverse access/security information.
- Monitor and analyse the social/political/humanitarian context in his/her domain of responsibility, provide weekly or ad hoc updates.
- Research and collect any useful information and data relating to the strategic development and positioning of IRC in the region.
- He/she will be responsible for liaising between IRC programming staff and community representatives to:
- Sensitize communities on IRC programming.
- Discuss and report on community needs to IRC program focal points.
- Contribute to improve IRC’s community acceptance through developing meaningful communication channels.
- Support IRC programming staff in conducting needs assessments when necessary.
- Participate or accompany the FC/PM at meetings for humanitarian coordination.
- Participate in IRC’s meetings to provide inputs related to humanitarian access.
- Update on monthly basis (or when required) the accessibility template in liaison with the security focal point.
Any other task as requested by the supervisor.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Education: At least bachelorette, bachelors is preferred
- Years of Experience: 2 – 3 years
- Skills: Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Technical Competency: Good understanding of context and Islamic knowledge
- Communication and reporting skills
- Fluency in Pashto, Dari
- Computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Access, and internet) would be an advantage
- Ability to work closely, professionally, and constructively with all others regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, race, tribe, or cultural background.
How to Apply:
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
Application received without exact position title and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.