Job ID 12182
Salary As per organization's salary scale
No. of Opportunity 2
Experience 2 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration Project based
Vacancy No. VA# 1264
Organization Women for Afghan Women (WAW)
WAW maintains one Hotline Phone (Operational from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM – five days a week) to receive queries related to asylum, refugee returnee, IDP, protection, corruption, allegation, extortion, petition, displacement, forced eviction, humanitarian assistance, complaints, information, mismanagement of identification, and follow-up on fraud, sexual exploitation & abuse (SEA) and any other misuse and misconducts.
Since 15 August 2021, the UN Refugee Agency in Mazar has received more Protection-related queries through the Protection mailboxes, counselling and interviews in person. Majority of the queries are from the people of concern, who are requesting for protection interventions (e.g., evacuation, registration, family reunification) and humanitarian assistance (e.g., food, cash, shelter). Given that the Office continues to receive a high number of queries, in order to effectively manage the number of calls and queries, the Office is seeking to recruit staff member who will be dedicated to handling and managing communications channels in compliance with SOPs and relevant policies.
The objective of the recruitment is to effectively manage communication with populations of concern. This includes attending the queries in a timely manner, receiving complaints, feedback, maintaining proper records and referrals as well as conducting necessary counselling and dissemination of information based on SOPs and guidance by phone.
Based on the operational needs in the field, the staff member in position is to fulfill his/her duties as well as back up support to other team members needed
Under the supervision of Regional Manager, the incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities wherever/whenever required:
- Respond to queries received through the Hotline Phone in compliance with CFM SOP and relevant guidance notes and annexes.
- Review and respond to queries in a timely manner.
- Prepare intake form and process necessary steps to make proper referrals.
- Follow up of referred cases for the reporting, response and updating purposes.
- Identify and flag vulnerable cases to the Protection Unit for further interventions
- Enter query data into the Hotline Tracking Matrix and maintaining proper records respecting data protection policy.
- Conduct data analysis to identify and monitor query trends
- Draft the weekly Protection Query Tracking Report and other related publications
- Conduct phone surveys and monitoring related to complaint & feedback mechanism
- Report and closely work with CFM focal point handling urgent issues.
- Perform other tasks as directed
Essential qualifications, skills and professional experience
Education: University Degree/Diploma or higher
Years of Experience: 2-year relevant work experience with Bachelor’s or equivalent or higher
- Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (proficiency required), Dari and Pashto both in speaking and writing.
- Proficiency in other local languages (Dari, Pashtu, Uzbeki) will be considered an asset.
- Solid protection background and experience.
- Well-oriented in processing complaints, interacting professionally with audience and committed to confidentiality and data protection protocols.
- Prior experience in humanitarian organizations.
- Prior experience in case management.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple deadlines under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with colleagues and supervisors to discuss emerging concerns and issues and find solutions.
- Being a team player.
- Strong communication skills to provide proper counselling to a high number of individuals in desperate and critical conditions.
- Strong drafting skills to produce quality drafts for reports and publications.
Desirable: Experience in working with various digital tools such as Microsoft Access and Kobo for data collection and analysis. Experience in reporting and writing analytical reports.
- IT-Computer Literacy
- CO-Drafting, Document, Data Presentation
- CO-Cross-Cultural Communication
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Innovation and Creativity
- Political Awareness
How to Apply:
Interested Afghan applicants should submit Cover Letter along with theirfile explaining their interest and suitability for the position.
Note: Kindly avoid sending your educational and work certificates at this stage of recruitment. Applications received after closing date and without mentioning the location in the subject line of the email will not be considered.