Job ID 18720
Salary Based on IRC salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Medical Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration till 31 December 2023
Vacancy No. 42110
Organization IRC (International Rescue Committee)
- Oversee the implementation of quality health programs and ensure that program goals, objectives, targets, and activities are met.
- Prepare program work plans in coordination with the Health System Strengthening Coordinator and Health Implementation Coordinator for all projects.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the various project sites, ensuring that projects utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines, as outlined by the Ministry of Public Health. Identify technical quality and/or other implementation issues and provide solutions and follow-up to ensure projects are on track to meet goals and are consistent with established best practices.
- Ensure that the health program is implemented in line with the IRC principles: promoting and protecting rights, participation, capacity building, partnership and holistic programming.
- Strictly follow up the medical and operational supply chain system, stock recording, timely ordering for the supplies and accountabilities in relation to the warehousing and using of the supplies including medicines and medical items.
- Work closely with other IRC programs present in the same location, such as Protection and WASH and integrate program components to the extent possible.
- Work with finance to provide accurate and timely spending plans, cash forecasts, and salary allocations.
- Represent IRC in all health-related forums in provincial levels, including health cluster, nutrition cluster and any other health related working group.
- Be ready to attend quarterly and monthly coordination meeting in IRC Kabul offices.
- Work closely with Health System Strengthening Coordinator , collect the initial data in provincial level for developing of any health-related concepts and proposal.
Staff Supervision & Development
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Directly supervise national health facility staff, ensuring regular performance reviews.
- Develop staff training plan based on training need assessment.
- Ensure training and ongoing capacity building opportunities for staff on technical and project management skills.
Grant Management and Reporting
- Manage all health grants, and work with the Health System Strengthening Coordinator to develop work, spending and procurement plans for all projects.
- Participate in the development of proposals, budgets, and concept notes for future health interventions.
- Prepare internal and external reports (such as narrative reports, DHIS data reports) within agreed deadlines using IRC and donor formats, as required.
- Review Budget vs. Actual (BvA) reports monthly, recommend actions to correct identified problems.
- Work closely and coordinate with IRC Operations, Finance and Grant departments to ensure compliance with grant requirements.
Coordination & Representation
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors in the province.
- Maintain good coordination with provincial health authorities and other health related partners.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure all required donor reports are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Oversee the collection and timely reporting of program data and indicators for all health programs in line with IRC’s guidelines and according to internal and donor requirements, ensuring timely collection and entry of program data.
- Conduct fortnightly/monthly program data analysis with health staff to discuss progress on grant indicators, disease trends, define action points for how to stay on track with grant requirements, and follow up with those points
- Work with the M&E team to produce and analyze all weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports and ensure timely submission of all such reports.
- Travel outside of Khartoum for needs assessments and implementation as needed.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams, promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Health System Strengthening Coordinator to enable and develop IRC programs.
- Health professional (doctor/public health professional) with strong public health background and strong management experience.
- Must have previous experience overseeing and managing primary health care programs
- Previous experience working with NGOs an advantage
Demonstrated Managerial/Leadership Competencies:
- Previous mentorship experience
- Previous experience supervising and managing a multi-disciplinary team in a complex setting
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure in a stressful environment, displaying patience, compassion and diplomacy.
- Ability to be innovative, flexible, and adaptive.
- Ability to work under difficult, high-pressure situations.
Languages/ Computer Skills:
• Comfortable working in English and Dari/Pushto and ability to translate both written and orally.
• Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to be innovative, flexible, and adaptive.
- Ability to live in challenging conditions and ability to work under difficult, high pressure situations.
- Fluency in English, Pashto/Dari
- Computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Access, and internet)
- Ability to work closely, professionally, and constructively with all others regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, race, tribe, or cultural background
How to Apply:
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
Application received without exact position title and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.