Job ID 15892
Salary As per the salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration 12 Month
Vacancy No. 1
Location Kandahar Zabul
The Head of Base is responsible of the management of the base in Kandahar as well as supporting the Zabul Base. She/he coordinates the support and program team in order to smoothly implement the projects, in accordance with INTERSOS country strategies, plans and policies, and in collaboration with all the Coordinators.
The Head of Base supervises the logistics, HR and finance sectors in collaboration with the technical coordinators. She/he is also responsible of the security and safety of all the staff, in close collaboration with CD, and the direct management of bases and offices.
She/he works in close collaboration with Programme Coordinator and Programme Managers to ensure a smooth implementation of the projects.
The Head of Base actively participate and collaborate with Country Director and the SMT, regularly reports, ensure the adherence of the activities’ implementation to the INTERSOS Chart and the Humanitarian Principle. She/he also collaborates in the design and implementation of the Mission Strategy.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Support project field staff in the field base in the optimal and efficient organization (in terms of administration, HR and logistics) for a smooth implementation of the projects
- Conduct weekly meetings with the team to review the planning and discuss the main concerns to focus on for the upcoming period
- Prepare and disseminate weekly sit-rep reports
- Support the CD for the promotion of accountability and commitment to INTERSOS charter and prevention on power of abuse
- To maintain and follow the complaint response mechanism (CRM)
- Represent INTERSOS in coordination fora at provincial level (INSO, ACBAR, HRT, AWG etc.)
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders (donors, partners, government, etc.) at local level
- To lead and develop strategies for access issues encountered in the south, with guidance from CD.
- Actively participate in SMT and any other meetings as organized by CD
- Regularly share information with CD and SMT
- To support the Zabul base when needed.
- Oversee the logistics in Kandahar base, aiming at improving the operations systems and processes and Cooperate with the Logistic coordinator for any logistic and procurement-related tasks in the field base
- Ensure the correct management of logistics and the adherence of procedures in collaboration with LogCo, provide feedback on dysfunctionalities, revise, and approve PR/POs
- Work in close collaboration with the support and program staff on proper management of supply chain, and preparation of the procurement plans
- Guarantee the full functionality of the GH and offices (power, water, internet, phones, spaces, etc.)
- Manage accountability of Administration and Operations actions in Kandahar base
- Cooperate with the Country Finance Officer and the Country Finance Coordinator for the supervision of the financial and administrative aspects in the field base.
- Manages and evaluates the performance of the staff directly managed and ensure that evaluation procedures are implemented for the rest of the team
- Ensure the correct implementation of the internal regulations, the recruitment process and all the HR procedures in collaboration with HR Manager, according to guidelines and SOPs
- Support the CD providing accurate security and political analysis of the region
- Update the CPPs and SOPs of the field base and of any area of intervention, in close collaboration with CD
- Create a good network for acquiring and sharing information
- Ensure adequate tracking of national and international staff in the field
- Ensure the close collaboration between Program and Support staff
- Contribute to the design of the Country Strategy
- Play a key role in the implementation of the Strategy of the mission, ensuring the smooth running of INTERSOS humanitarian operations
- Contribute to the writing of new funding opportunities, contributing to develop/design new concepts and proposals under the supervision of the Program Coordinator and in cooperation with the Technical Coordinators
- Monitor, evaluate and support the implementation of the activities
- Participate/Supervise the donor reporting
- Ensure collection of data for reporting and analysis purposes
- Support PMs in the planning, and monitoring of the activities and budget, in close collaboration with the Program Coordinator and the Technical Coordinators
- Advanced university degree in humanitarian field or similar academic areas (experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree)
- At least 5 years of professional experience in similar position in the humanitarian field in countries outside of his/ her residence, with at least two years as senior management level
- At least 3 years of working in potentially insecure environment as expatriate staffs, with proven experience of security management, is required.
- Excellent writing, reporting and communication skills.
Proven experience of managing staff with cultural diversity, with experience of local recruitment
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Responsive, motivated, good communicator flexibility to respond to changing nature of humanitarian context and operational difficulties
- Ability to communicate openly and maintain good relationship within the team, government and other local authorities, donor, and other stake holders
- Willingness to take responsibility
- Ability to cope with stress, and live in environment with very basic living condition
- Strong team spirit and ability to work in an intercultural environment
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks (well organized), and to plan ahead and result oriented (pro-active)
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment (stress-resilient)
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
How to Apply:
Please indicate the position title, Vacancy Number, and Location in the Subject Line of your email otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and called for a test/Interview.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.