Job ID 17623
Salary As per IMC Salary Scale
No. of Opportunity 3
Experience 1 Year
Qualification High School Diploma
Opportunity type Job
Duration Project Base
Vacancy No. IMC-JLD-HRD-079
Organization International Medical Corps
‘Provision of integrated emergency primary health care, nutrition, protection, and WASH services for conflict and disaster-affected people in the Eastern and Northern regions of Afghanistan’ is the new project funded by BHA. The project will be implemented in 4 provinces (Laghman, Kunar, Balkh and Nangarhar).
The Guard/Cleaner works in the field/Health Facility/office to take care of staff and provides cleaner and security support. In addition, he/she is responsible for taking care of the vehicle/equipment while the team is providing services.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Take care of staff and IMC premises security and safety
- Help staff with the distribution of assistance and refreshment.
- Prevent visitors from entering the Work area with weapons.
- Prevent other non-official vehicles in front of HF/site work.
- Reports immediately to the Health Facility Director for suspicious packages, bags, and envelopes.
- Ensure that the guard/cleaner is clean, well-dressed, and polite with the visitors.
- He should take care of all the Health Facility equipment.
- Loading and unloading of equipment in the health facility or field.
- Respect working hours.
- Facilitates the performance of activities within the health facility/SDP and calms the place.
- Adjusts the clients according to the team doctor’s work plan.
- Guide each customer to the appropriate department.
- Proper management of waste disposal.
- Makes HF/SDP clean and non-infectious.
- Ensure document/item security and confidentiality.
- Check that each department and bathroom have soap for washing hands and cleaning towels.
- Ensure arriving at duty on time and do not leave the position until the next person on duty has arrived.
- Patrol the perimeter of the compound regularly.
- Control all movement in and out (access control) of the IMC compound.
- Must inform the direct supervisor of any possible safety threats that can hamper HF/MHT Base or anything unusual in the field.
- Ensure that electricity/generator is well maintained (fuel, water, and oil). Switching on and off the bulbs/generator when needed and reporting malfunctioning.
- Visually identify the type of surface, type, and degree of contamination
- Use different types of tools and equipment for cleaning and disinfecting.
- Use washing machines to wash/clean textiles and clothing.
- Replace plastic waste bags efficiently and safely.
- Vacuuming carpets and rugs, fabric, and furniture
- Watering of flowers and greeneries
- Washing dishes and Ironing
- Any additional tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Things to avoid: No CD or video playing during the official time.
- No loud or rude noise in the area
- Do not invite friends/ relatives to the work area, especially out of office hours while on duty.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations and work with limited resources.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct, maintain humanitarian principles and respect international humanitarian law.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity
- It is all staff’s shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children and adults at risk; and any form of trafficking in persons.
- Afghan National
- To be a Local Resident
- At least has basic education, graduates from 12 grade are preferred.
- One year of experience working with government and/or NGOs will be an added value.
- Communications (oral and written) in Dari/Pashto and local language and some very basic understanding of English.
- Experience in relevant fields will be an asset.
- Have the ability to cook.
- Have the ability to speak local languages.
- Have the ability to read and write.
- Excellent interpersonal Skill
- Be an honest person.
- To have the ability to solve small local problems.
- He can maintain good relations with the local people.
- According to the request of the office, he can work on any part of the project.
- Be part of the resident community and be familiar with the environment and geography.
How to Apply:
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Please note that:
- IMC commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- IMC will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- IMC may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link:
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
“Candidates interested in applying should use the link for the positions, and they should make sure to press “submit” at the end of the application. International Medical corps accept CVs in soft and hard form. However, it is recommended to apply through the online platform”
Preference will be given to local residence applicants.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran