Job ID 16033
Salary As per Organizational Salary Structure
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 2 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Vacancy No. FRO/HRD/AZB/001
Organization Azizi Bank
The Jobholder shall be accountable for the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare/develop the required models using Python language for the RMD’s risk monitoring.
- Keep himself/herself abreast of the relevant local regulatory requirements related to the assigned area of responsibility, and international best practices in this domain. Understand and implement the guidelines.
- Understand, analyze and interpret the political and economic environment in Afghanistan.
- Implement the assigned tasks and duties in a timely and accurate manner. Report on the same to the Line Manager.
- Identify, assess, measure, mitigate and report on the risks which are affecting the Bank’s operations in accordance with the Bank’s Risk Management policies and monitoring processes. Ensure that robust risk controls are maintained to prevent unauthorized exposures. Reporting on the same to the Line Manager.
- Contribute to daily, weekly, and monthly controls as per Risk Management Manual (daily recording and archiving of FX rates from Treasury, and other data from Daily Management Reports, daily checking of related GLs.
- Ongoing pre-sanctioning reviews of planned new investments and placements, at request of Treasury or planned CG exposures, at request by Credit, AML ratings of counterparties and countries
- Contribute to preparing of monthly updates of credit and AML ratings of countries and counterparties.
- Contribute to preparing the Financial Quarterly Report and Business Risk Report.
- Ongoing self-study in the Banking Law, relevant DAB Regulations and Basel Committee Guidelines. Contribute to internal training, as may be requested.
- Assist in the development of the Bank’s Risk Management Framework (policies, processes and tools) with a view to provide a consistent, pragmatic and effective approach to identify, assess, measure and mitigate the associated risks.
- Work closely with the Employees the Risk Management Department and other Departments on all matters related to risk management, with a view to ensure that the risks are sensitively calculated and managed properly.
Other tasks and duties assigned by the line Manager.
- University graduate (preferably Master’s) in relevant disciplines such as economics, business administration, mathematics, statistics, banking & finance, management etc. Additional professional certificates (or university degree near completion) shall also be considered.
- Minimum two years of experience in the banking sector. Preference shall be given to the candidates having experience in the field of Finance or Treasury, financial data analyses, management of risks (such as operational, credit, finance, market and liquidity risk), internal controls, internal or external audit.
- Interest in Da Afghanistan Bank regulations and Basel Committee guidelines pertaining to prudent risk management. Ability to understand the guidelines and apply them in the work environment.
- Interest in internal controls or risk control frameworks.
- Interest in working on cross-functional teams, performing activities in geographically dispersed environment.
- Excellent Excel skills, attention to detail.
- Pro-active and constructive attitude, initiative, self-confidence, excellent analytical and reporting skills. Quick learner
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume with a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than May 05, 2023 to email@example.com
The name of position and vacancy number must be written in the subject line of your email otherwise your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test.