Job ID 18372
Salary As per Organization Salary Scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 1 Year
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration Fixed Term
Vacancy No. 230002EX
Organization Save the Children
As a member Faryab Sub Office finance team reporting to the Sr Finance Officer/Coordinator, and Finance (C&C) -the Assistant provides support to Afghanistan Faryab Sub Office (AFCO) by ensuring that all the cash transactions are properly documented, all the bank transactions are recorded in the system regularly, and that the transactions are filed, and archived as per standards.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
1. Bank transactions
a. Prepare all bank transactions for employees and Suppliers, including tax calculations.
b. Payment to suppliers; check the support documents in compliance with SCI Policy.
c. Preparation of vouchers
2. Filing System
a. Filing vouchers of the Faryab office to maintain the internal controls.
b. Labelling scanning files for Cash payment, Bank Payment, GJVs, Payrolls, Accruals, Tax payments, and MFR.
c. Provide necessary support during internal and external audit exercises.
3. Data entry
a. Entry of cash and bank payments.
b. Daily cash count sheet verification
Under supervisor instructions:
a. Perform balance Sheet Accounts Reconciliation
b. Provision of Documents to Internal I External Audit
c. Assist in covering other finance staff in the field office in case they are in leave or outside office.
d. Other tasks as assigned.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, and achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development, and encourage others to do the same.
• Widely shares their personal vision the program, engages and motivates others.
• Future orientated, thinks strategically.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues and external partners and supporters.
• Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
• Willing to take disciplined risks.
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
• 1-2 years’ Work experience as a Finance Assistant with International NGOs
• Bachelor in finance or relevant field
• Excellent experience with computerized accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its values
• Written and verbal fluency in local languages and good skills of English language.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills & problem-solving skills
Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter to the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can log in to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link into their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first-time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.
“Save the Children strongly encourages applications from women. Minimum country requirements for potential female applicants will be followed”