Job ID 12559
Salary As per MCA Salary Scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 5 Years
Qualification AssociateBachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration One Year
Vacancy No. MCA003-2023
Organization Mercy Corps
The Position (General Position Summary)
The Field Coordinator is a key person within the field office management team who assures the resources are planned and utilized towards effective delivery of MC mandate in their respective field offices. The Field Coordinator plays a key role in a field office under the guidance of the Operations Director.
As the focal point for field office management team at the field office level, the Field Coordinator shares the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Mercy Corps operation activities and ensures the effective coordination of program activities in the field office under the direct supervision of the Operations Director.
- Oversee the smooth flowing of routine, administrative work of the MC office and program support operations.
- Supports the field office program team on timely provision of admin and logistics support at a higher level of standards.
- Liaise with Government agencies as directed by the Operations Director or Country Director.
- Liaise with local NGOs and Provincial Government officials to facilitate program operations as required by Operations Director, and in consultation with the Program Director or Country Director. Coordinate government relations with the support of the MC local action manager.
- Work closely with the project managers to ensure that they are getting the necessary support for the implementation of the program activities and to ensure that the activities are on schedule and following contingency plans
- Conduct regular meetings with the field teams (operations, finance, security, and programs) to receive regular updates
- Ensure that all necessary measures are taken to provide MC employees with a safe working environment and with realistic segregation of duties.
IMPLEMENTATION OF POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Successful contribution for implementation of the field office level operations strategies
- Analyzing Mercy Corps’ operating environment at field office locations and adjusting operations.
- Successful implementation of operational strategies at field level.
- Implement local policies and procedures with the support of the Operations Director.
- Ensures compliance requirements of Mercy Corps and rules and regulations specified by the donors and sometimes host governments at the field office level.
- Provides management information to the SMT team in Afghanistan for decision making as required.
- Represents Mercy Corps at field office level with Provincial and local authorities, community leaders, and UN coordination mechanism, as required in coordination with the country senior management team, local action manager and Operations Director.
- Responsible for provision of high quality & timely procurement and other program support to the field office.
- Exercising oversight over procurement processes and logistics ensuring compliance with Mercy Corps procurement policies and procedures as well donor rules and regulations at field level.
- Oversee provision of transport and travel support (domestic and field trips).
- Field level oversight on maintenance of proper custody of Mercy Corps assets, warehouse inventory and general inventory.
- Ensure coordination between programs for an effective and efficient support.
- Develop the capacity of the field team, deepen understanding of their roles and assist with career development.
- Assist team members with information, tools, and resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations, and provide constructive feedback informally and formally via regular one-on-one and performance reviews.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Orient and lead team members as necessary on the field.
- Work with the field office team to ensure smooth introduction and adoption of operational systems.
- Work closely with the Security & Access Manager and report regularly on the security situation as per the determined schedule and on need basis.
- Arrange security briefings for all visitors with the Security & Access Manager
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
Direct supervision of all support staff in the field
Daily coordination (non-supervisory) relationship with Program Managers
Reports Directly To: Operations Director
Coordinates with Senior Management Team
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of operations and logistics management experience.
- Hands on experience in handling admin and logistics at field level with close coordination with the program team.
- Experience managing and leading multifunctional teams
- Experience with government relations and negotiation
- Experience implementing humanitarian and/or development programs
- Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, prioritization and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and local languages in the field location.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
How to Apply:
While sending your CV & Cover letter, please state the title/ subject line as:
MCA003-2023 Application for Field Coordinator
*Application received after the closing date or with a different subject line will not be given consideration.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview. Interested candidates should send their Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org