Job ID 12480
Salary As per Organization Salary Scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration 8 Months
Vacancy No. VA-2023-001
- Support the project coordinator and staff on the issues related to the Environmental and Social Safeguard in the Nili, Shahristan, and Mirramor districts of Daykundi province.
- Raise awareness regarding the purpose of water resource management-related works at the community level by disseminating information through local communication channels such as mosques, village meetings, etc.
- Consult with direct and indirect stakeholders at the local level and village leaders about Environmental and Social safeguards issues.
- Prepare the Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) for village and community sub-projects.
- Finalise the site-specific ESMP in line with the Environmental and Social Safeguard Framework (ESMF) of the FAO-WBK-Cash for a work project.
- Priorities seeking the views of the most disadvantaged and marginalised groups, especially women (especially female-headed households), the landless, disabled and elderly people.
- Carry out compliance monitoring of Environmental and Social safeguards based on the Environmental Code of Practice (ECoP) and ESMF.
- Use socio-environmental findings to determine whether land acquisition, including voluntary donation, is required to enable the works to proceed.
- Carry out joint diagnostic walkthroughs with the Mirabs, community and technical staff to identify the maintenance need and institutional and agricultural problems associated with the proposed activities at the farm, tertiary, branch and tranches.
- Properly handle Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM).
- Provide periodic reporting as per the project ESMF to the line manager.
- BSc degree from a well-recognized University in environmental science, Agriculture or another relevant area or equivalent.
- At least three years’ demonstrable experience in environmental and emergency projects with national or international organisations.
- Excellent knowledge of community development and social environments.
- Proven management ability and strong interpersonal skills – team player.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in the most common computer software, including word processing and excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to deal with difficult, often frustrating work situations.
- A willingness to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly dangerous locations.
- Gender sensitivity.
- Sensitivity to Islamic culture.
- Commitment to support/develop project staff and rural communities’ capacity.
- Personal integrity and a sense of humour.
- Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Knowledge of exit strategies and sustainability issues.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application by filling out the Afghanaid standard job application form and emailing a completed application form, cover letter and your CV by Sunday, 15th March 2023, including your name, vacancy number and the job title in the subject line. Your cover letter should be no more than one standard A4 page long and explain how you meet the essential and desirable position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than four pages and include three professional references, including your current employer. The precision and style you present yourself in your cover letter and CV will be given significant weight in shortlisting candidates. Application with no proper subject (requested above) without the application form or submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every application. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the deadline, you have not succeeded in shortlisting.
Please note that applying without filling out the standard job application form will result in disqualifying the applications to review for shortlisting.