Job ID 12655
Salary According to ACTED's Salary Scale
No. of Opportunity 2
Experience 2 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration 12 months (extendable)
Vacancy No. KBL_116
Location Herat Nangarhar
ACTED is looking for an Engineer who can provide technical support and management on WASH, Construction, rehabilitation and CFW activities at the targeted area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- He is responsible for the supervision, implementation and follow-up of all planned construction, Rehabilitation and CFW activities over the period of the project.
- Provide technical support/guidance to WASH technician and sub engineer and lead them.
- Participate in technical and sectorial meetings to ensure visibility amongst local authorities.
- Responsible to lead all the construction or rehabilitation related technical assessments at site or HH level
- Contribute to the creation of reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided as well as confidentiality of internal information as required.
- Plan the various stage of engineering activities to ensure all projects/activities will be completed during the period of the project.
- Assess the engineering activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources.
- communicate systematically to the relevant line department on progress and planning of construction activities.
- Set up a clear timeline of reports to be submitted to line departments.
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics (solve out potential conflicts)
- Analyse, identify, and resolve all of Cash for work related issues at community base level and ensure the positive progress of the works in the community.
- Preparing all necessary BoQs and drawings of any community project that will be implemented.
- Coordinate with community people and prepare work schedule for the most needed works/construction in the society agreed by the community representatives/people.
- Document all the field work activities regarding skilled and unskilled labors.
- To Manage and control the quality and quantity of the project and labors.
- Following USAID rules and regulations and ACTED policies.
- Any other tasks by the line manager.
- Bachelor or high school diploma in engineering
- Proven work experience as an engineer or similar role
- At least 2 years of previous of working experience.
- Solid knowledge of construction and rehabilitation activities
- Experience with designing and sketching software like Auto CAD etc.
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply:
Those who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria should send their updated CV to below submission Email:
Kindly mention Vacancy number, position title along with province name in subject line or your application may not be considered.
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, and work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the next stage of recruitment.
No CV will be received after closing date.
Note: Please specify the job vacancy number and the location you’re going to apply.