Job ID 18383
Salary as per SCI salary scale
No. of Opportunity 3
Experience 2 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration Fixed Term
Vacancy No. 230001D1
Organization Save the Children
The role holder is responsible for the capacity building of CBE teachers, community member and field level staff. He/She conduct academic supervision of community base education.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- She/he will conduct Capacity building Need Assessment, Design, Conducting capacity building and post capacity building follow-up.
- Develop capacity building work plans, procurement and development of capacity building materials (capacity building manuals & handouts).
- Deliver high quality capacity structure workshops to CBE teachers, community mobilizers, education personnel and community members on education matters.
- Undertake regular supervision, visits and assess the impact of trainings on the learning and development of project beneficiaries thorugh onjob training.
- Identify volume building gaps/needs, and or areas of improvements – document best practices and lessons learnt.
- Conduct on the job capacity building to CBE teachers and provide constructive feedback.
- Generate comprehensive capacity building report and update the capacity building database.
- Update the filling system daily, weekly and monthly bases with incoming and outgoing correspondence with DED, and MoE.
- Carry out any other relevant task assigned by the line manager and project team.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Bachelor degree in Education, graduated from Teacher training College or Social Science.
- Atleast 2 years of capacity building/training experience with local and international organization.
- Strong understaning of Pashto, Dari language and English language desirable.
- Able to travel inside Afghanistan and related districts, outside of the duty station as and when required.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency, the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should theneed arise.
- Strong understanding of English language and report writing.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.