Job ID 17546
Salary Based on WASSA's salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 4 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration 2 Years
Vacancy No. W-HRT-022
Organization Women's Activities & Social Services Association (WASSA)
The Women and Girls Empowerment Project is funded by UNICEF and implemented in The Western Region (Herat, Farah, Ghor, and Badqhis provinces). The primary purpose of the program in Afghanistan is to reduce the violence and harmful practices against women and girls.
It aims at targeting the most at-risk groups, to accelerate efforts toward the elimination of violence and harmful practices. the WGE in Afghanistan will bring women and girls, including those with intersecting forms of discrimination and marginalization, to the center of the interventions, recognizing that the empowerment of women and girls, and their unique experiences and solutions they bring based on their intersectional identities, is the key to design and implement a program that responds to the needs and priorities of women and girls of Afghanistan in all their diversity.
The project needs to recruit a district officer working full–time to manage and oversee the quality and implementation of the WGE project in Herat.
- RESULTS/OUTPUTS OF WORK
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager, the district officer will work on the following tasks to coordinate the implementation of the project in Herat:
- Providing leadership to effectively implement the project at the district level
- Build understanding of Project staff and community on the project goal and objectives.
- Implementing the project at the district level in compliance with agreed standards and practices
- Conduct a participatory learning process to assess the challenges opportunities and risks of project implementation.
- Promote open and democratic processes of decision making and also inform line managers on the status of the program
- Prepare the project report based on the result and or donor-designed result-oriented framework and quality control guidelines for assessing the effectiveness of the Project.
- Coordination and cooperation with all stakeholders at the district level and provincial level.
- Assist the team to facilitate processes of community mobilization and participation to develop ownership of the programs
- Assist WASSA representation in Government and sectorial meetings at the district and provincial levels to apprise them of WASSA’s work to garner support in the smooth implementation of projects
- Attend stakeholder meetings as advised by the line manager
Ensure compliance with any Government of Afghanistan requirements at the district and provincial level for effective implementation.
- Represent WASSA in sub-national level dialogues forums and committees as per our strategic requirements and management advice.
- Ensure and assist the highest levels of coordination within the program at the district and provincial office level through close interaction and information sharing within different departments and also with external stakeholders as guided by line management.
- Ensure project annual Quarter, monthly and weekly reports are submitted on time based on reporting procedure.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Support district team to create the enabling environment in district and working areas for smooth and effective implementation of the project.
- Any other tasks assigned by the project leader to achieve the project objectives
The district officer will be supervised by the Project Manager to coordinate the implementation of the project. The Project Coordinator will work on a full-time basis and be located in the office of the Heart. She/he is expected to travel to the field and related places of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science
- Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages
- Good knowledge of English and fluent in both national languages of Afghanistan.
- Have good communication and relationship skills.
How to Apply:
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- Academic certificates or references not need to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test upon project approval.