Job ID 15896
Salary As per the salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration 12 Month
Vacancy No. 017-2023
The Country Finance Coordinator is responsible for the proper technical performance of all accounting-financial and administrative activities of the mission and its projects. In this context, he/she ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization’s procedures.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- To assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures;
- To manage the bank accounts of the mission and provide the Regional Finance Coordinator with monthly bank statements and bank reconciliations;
- To update the economic and financial status of the mission and related-projects, in terms of expenses, appropriations, available cash and liquidity (Journal);
- To update the Mission Forecast and Recovery tool;
- To provide on weekly basis the updated economic and financial data (Journal) to the Programme Managers, the Country Director and Regional Finance Coordinator;
Budget preparation and control
- To provide support to the Country Director in the drafting of new projects;
- To regularly check, in collaboration with the Programme Managers and Country Director, the economic-financial performance of projects: final balance, expenditure excess, expenditure projections, and financial forecast;
- To ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spend in accordance with INTERSOS and donors rules and regulations, and support annual auditing procedures;
- To prepare and verify, in cooperation with the Country Director, the trend of the general coordination’s budget and Recovery Cost File;
- To monitor the sustainability of coordination’s office and verify the correct distribution/allocation of the general coordination costs to the projects; to monitor the coordination and projects’ non-deductible costs;
Financial reporting and audit compliance
- To prepare the interim and final financial reports and submit them to the Regional Finance Coordinator for approval;
- To prepare and carry out the Audits conducted in the country, and for the transmission to the headquarter of all project documents to be audited in Italy;
- Ensure eligibility of all expenses;
- Ensure compliance with all INTERSOS and donors regulation related to Finance and Human Resources, and communicate it proactively with other departments;
- To ensures the correct filing of all projects’ data;
- Ensure adequacy with Afghanistan Govt. national reporting and accounting standards for INGOs;
Confidentiality and accountability
- Ensure maintaining high confidentiality of information, up to date documents, including processes and verification;
Capacity building and supervision
- Supervise, train and mentor finance personnel.
- Advanced University degree in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Finance Management, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law.
Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience at national and international level working as admin-finance Coordinator, also in humanitarian field locations.
Fluency in English is required.
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multicultural environment
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks (very organized)
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented (pro-active)
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
How to Apply:
Please submit your applications by filling the INTERSOS Standard Job application form (https://www.acbar.org/applicationform) along with an updated CV and Cover letter to email@example.com or can send the hard copy of the applications to any of the INTERSOS offices. Please note that applying without filling job application form may result in disqualifying the applications to review for shortlisting
Please indicate the position title, Vacancy Number, and Location in the Subject Line of your email otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and called for a test/Interview.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.