Job ID 12185
Salary As per organization's salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 5 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration Project based
Vacancy No. VA# 1265
Organization Women for Afghan Women (WAW)
The PSS Counselor Coordinator will manage, coordinate, and monitor project activities and relationships with partners and other project stakeholders to assist in the achievement of the PSS portfolio objectives serving PoCs in the North & Northeast regions. Your project management skills and knowledge of mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) will ensure that high-quality programming and continuous work towards improving the impact of PSS projects in the North & Northeast regions.
ROLES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively manage talent and provide strong, supportive supervision to the project team. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being.
- Cultivate a positive learning environment by providing consistent, constructive coaching.
- Will lead technical, budget management, monitoring, and reporting activities through the project cycle – start-up, implementation, and close-out – in line with WAW program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Build trusting relationships within and across project teams, including partners. Manage complex situations with superior communication skills, demonstrating maturity, empathy, and consideration of different cultural and individual perspectives.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities following MEAL Policy. Proactively identify issues, and report them to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Use superior communication skills to engage and strengthen partnership relationships relevant to all PSS projects, applying the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools, and approaches.
- Represent the organization with donors, INGO working groups, UN, relevant local partners, and relevant local government and community actors for PSS.
- Coordinate activities required for ensuring the financial, material, and human resources for the quality implementation of the project. Conduct periodic budget reviews and follow-up with partners on timely submission of financial reports to facilitate proper tracking of resource use.
- Identify staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and contribute to capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and disseminate results. Review project documentation to ensure the project file is complete with all required documentation and is filed per agency and donor requirements.
- Leverage strong writing and analytical skills to contribute to new project design and proposal writing for PSS programming.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. A Master’s Degree is strongly preferred, ideally in a field related to MHPSS.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in project management is required; work experience in the field of MHPSS and/or protection for an international NGO is strongly preferred.
- Staff supervision experience required.
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships.
- Ability to manage Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning systems (MEAL).
- Experience analyzing data and drafting program reports required.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) required.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
How to Apply:
Interested Afghan applicants should submit Cover Letter along with theirfile explaining their interest and suitability for the position.
Note: Kindly avoid sending your educational and work certificates at this stage of recruitment. Applications received after closing date and without mentioning the location in the subject line of the email will not be considered.