Job ID 12198
Salary As Per Organization Salary Scale (SB-4 Level)
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 5 Years
Opportunity type Job
Duration 12 months (with extension subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability
Vacancy No. 2300670
The Compliance Specialist will work Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative (FAOR) and the direct supervision by the Compliance Advisor, working in close cooperation with technical officers.
Accountability – Strengthen the Complaints and Feedback Mechanism. The Compliance Specialist will work on establishing a fully functional centralized call center based in Kabul. The Call Centre will focus on both proactive and reactive measures in terms of addressing and responding to beneficiaries and other stakeholders concerns related to FAO activities in all the provinces.
- Supervise the daily activities of the Call Centre including call assistants.
- Develop SOPs on how to operate the calls in collaboration with MEAL team.
- Implement appropriate monitoring mechanisms of field activities for the smooth implementation of the project activities, including beneficiary selection and distribution of assistance.
- Report on the overall implementation of call centre activities, including constraints, lessons learned and recommendations.
- Prepare Call Centre monthly dashboards/reports.
- In coordination with technical colleagues, develop tools and templates for data collection, including timeframe
- Conduct/supervise regular monitoring visits to ascertain the progress of activities in the field.
- Participate with other national staff in training program for survey preparation and data collection methodology
- Conduct surveys and assessments through Focus Group Interviews or Key Informant Interviews.
- Develop and maintain a consolidated database of FAO projects for all complaints and feedback.
- Contribute to the development of project proposals, specifically on the Accountability to Affected Population components.
- Advanced degree (Master) or University degree in agricultural economics, development studies, statistics or other relevant field
- For advance degree at least five (5) years of relevant work experience in database and information management, data analysis and quality assurance
- For university degree at least seven (7) years of relevant work experience in database and information management, data analysis and quality assurance
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and local languages (Pashto and Dari);
- National of Afghanistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Extent and relevance of experience in designing database for Complaints Feedback Mechanism.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English and Pashto/Dari.
- Excellent computer skills, including quantitative analysis, use of Excel and Access
- Ability to work within a team of professional staff from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines
- Teamwork spirit, ability to work under minimum supervision, flexibility
- Demonstrated capacity to plan, advise and guide planning processes on monitoring related issues
- Demonstrated ability to implement a variety of analytical methodologies and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with multiple agencies, effectively building an understanding and partnership with other UN bodies, NGOs, and governmental agencies
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
• To apply, visit the recruitment website atand complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.