Job ID 12195
Salary As Per Organization Salary Scale (SB-3 Level)
No. of Opportunity 4
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration 12 months (with extension subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability
Vacancy No. 2300669
The Compliance Assistant will work Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative (FAOR), technical supervision of Compliance Advisor and the direct supervision by the Compliance Specialist.
Accountability, Learning and Assessments. The Compliance Assistant will work closely with Compliance Specialist on establishing a fully functional centralized call center based in Kabul. The Call Centre will focus on both proactive and reactive measures in terms of addressing and responding to beneficiaries and other stakeholders concerns related to FAO activities in all the provinces.
- Ensure smooth implementation of FAO Afghanistan Complaints Feedback Mechanism as per its Standard Operating Procedures, specifically:
- Respond to incoming calls;
- Complete call record and data entry in the database;
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and sound judgement;
- Maintain database files;
- Report cases to assigned staff members;
- Keep track on the progress of actions required for reporting purposes;
- Collect reports on beneficiaries’ feedback and complaint from FAO regional offices on monthly basis;
- Compile quarterly progress status reports on feedbacks and complaints received and issues addressed.
- Ensure the dissemination of CFM flyers to beneficiaries and stakeholders through projects;
- Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Statistics, Agriculture, Economics or closely related fields.
- At least 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation/Call Centre operations. Experience with an UN agency, international NGO or donor agencies highly desirable.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English and the local languages (Pashto and /or Dari).
- National of Afghanistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable;
- Extent and relevance of experience in designing, planning, and conducting monitoring and evaluation;
- Good communication, writing and presentation skills in English and Pashto/Dari;
- Good computer skills, including quantitative analysis, use of Excel;
- Familiarity with computers and Microsoft Word, Excel, Email/Internet, PowerPoint, is essential.
- Experience of using Kobo and/or other mobile data collection tools is highly desirable.
- Ability to work within a team of professional staff from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines;
- Teamwork spirit, ability to work under minimum supervision, flexibility;
- Demonstrated capacity to plan, advise and guide planning processes on monitoring and evaluation related issues;
- Demonstrated ability to implement a variety of analytical methodologies and techniques;
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with multiple agencies, effectively building an understanding and partnership with other UN bodies, NGOs, and governmental agencies.
How to Apply:
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org