Job ID 18437
Salary As per the Organization salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 2 Years
Opportunity type Job
Duration 3 Months
Vacancy No. PU-AMI/HR/JAL/002108
The Community Educator will go to the catchment area of the Mobile Health Teams and will provide health education regarding the nutrition and other health topics to the community.
She will be responsible for the cooking demonstration and raising awareness on the preparation of healthy food for different age group people considering the Afghanistan food based dietary guideline.
Objective 1 : Providing health education on nutrition and health topics
- She will organize the health education sessions on daily bases in the community
- She will prepare the health education plan including more important topics of nutrition and other health topics on monthly bases
- She will provide health education at community level based on the prepared HE plan
- She will ensure the availability of important IEC materials (flip charts, posters, leaflets, flip book….)
- Taking part in the implementation of the IEC materials at community level based on the MoPH guideline
- She will increase awareness of the community regarding health, nutrition and WASH topics
- Provide health, nutrition and hygiene education sessions in the community. Use existing IEC materials and provide better communication to the audience.
- Provide awareness on food preparation and perform cooking demonstration in the community
- Conducting nutrition education sessions on hygiene promotion practices, balanced food, promotion of Iodized salt, prevention of anemia, benefits of breast feeding, IYCF practices (Early initiation of breast feeding, Exclusive breast feeding, complementary feeding, Continuation of breast feeding up to two years or beyond,….), maternal nutrition, breast milk substitute (BMS) code and using of safe water at community level
- Conducting education sessions at community level on the causes of malnutrition, importance of Growth monitoring and promotion, prevention of malnutrition, information about those HFs where treatment program of malnutrition is present
- Conducting health education sessions at community level on important diseases such as ARI, Diarrhea, communicable diseases (TB, Malaria, HIV AIDs, Hepatitis,…..), Importance of different vaccines to the children and women
- Raising awareness of the community and risk communication about the COVID-19 and preventable measures, contact tracing, self-quarantine, wearing masks, hand washing, applying social distance and so on….
Objective 3: Reporting
- She Registering and reporting all activities done at the community level including number of health and nutrition education sessions conducted, participants of each HE sessions by gender.
- She is responsible for providing all his activities reports and information to her line supervisor.
- Keeping record of health, nutrition and hygiene HE sessions
- Reporting challenges of best nutrition practices in the community to her line supervisor
- Graduated from recognized institute of social science.
- Sensitivity to public health issues
- Willingness to carry out frequent field visits throughout Nangahar provinces
- Good geographical knowledge of Nangahar province is an asset
- Good communication skills
- 2 years NGO experience in the same field would be a significant asset
Note: Only the highest qualified candidates with a maximum number of years work experience participants, will be shortlisted for the process; and not necessarily all candidates who meet the minimum selection criteria.
How to Apply:
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure to press submit at the end of the application.
You are allowed to apply only before closing date
Due to large number of applicants we are unable to provide individual feedback.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted.
Qualified Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
Academic certificates/diplomas. These will be requested if called for interview.