Job ID 11890
Salary Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
No. of Opportunity 9
Experience 2 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration The position is Project based
Vacancy No. HRM/MRMO 014-23
Organization Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
The incumbent in this position is responsible for the monitoring, mobilization, survey and coordination with the communities and dissemination of key messages in food security. Climet change, disasters etc. This also includes conduction of orientation sessions and campaigns livelihood and DRR related at, Masjids, clinics, communities, and schools in collaboration with other SCA contributing units. The aim is to build the target communities’ capacity. He/she is technically accountable to the livelihood officer/livelihood senior officer and operationally reporting to the district manager.
- He / She is primarily responsible to establish linkage with community leaders in the target areas of project.
- Identification and mobilization of community Shuras in target communities and support formation of Saving Groups – survey, mobilization, selection etc. .
- Monitor Saving groups and provide operational and technical support to them.
- Interacts with communities and community leaders.
- Organize campaigns including awareness in mosques and other informal gatherings at the targeted communities, support communities in what?
- Mobilize existing community-based platforms including religious leaders, community elders on their roles and responsibilities.
- Conduct monitoring, follow up and supportive visits from the targeted areas.
- Conduct awareness raising sessions.
- Identify the right beneficiaries at the community level and select the beneficiaries.
- Conduct follow – up and supportive field visits (90% field visits).
- Facilitate and support teams in baseline and endline surveys.
- Increase social cohesion among community.
- Increase community participation/engagement and motivation in project selection, implementation and O&M.
- Create linkage between producer or saving groups and or market holders.
- Facilitate and support community in awareness sessions in O&M. NRM, DRR and conflict management.
- At least baccalaureate and bachelor’s degree in the field of Agriculture, Rural Development, Sociology is preferred will be preferred.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in the similar position e.g., with NSP, CCNPP.
- Good monitoring, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good computer skill, especially MS Office packages.
- Good command of English and fluency in Pashto & Dari, both written and spoken.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of planning and reporting.
- Ability and willingness to travel and stay in field locations.
- Familiarity with the region where SCA operates.
- Afghan citizen
- Problem solving skills, considering the cultural sensitivity, and having flexibility to adopt with the culture.
- Commitment to the mission and the core values of Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Willing to stay in field locations and travel in all SCA coverage areas.
- Being local resident is preferred.
How to Apply:
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to through the link below:
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline is not accepted.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.