Job ID 18037
Salary As per company salary scale
No. of Opportunity 2
Experience 2 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration Not specified
Vacancy No. IRW-KDR-011-2023
Organization Islamic Relief Worldwide
The role of the CFS Facilitator is to provide one-to-one support to the school children to learn, promote and practice technical skills as advised by the project coordinator. The CFS Facilitator provides educational activities and creative engagement of children beneficiaries of the Islamic Relief under the guidance and instructions of the CP project Coordinator. The CFS Facilitator must cultivate an atmosphere of respect and appreciation among children and respect the skills and cultural background of each. S/he should promote fair play, collaboration, and critical thinking. S/he is finally responsible for the supervision of the space in which he/she performs his/her duties during working hours. The Child Protection Facilitator must be well-organized disciplined accountable committed trustworthy focused self-motivated capable of self-managing and responsible. S/he must be a good communicator patient and a good educator in managing the CFS The Protection Programme officer must have a very good understanding of the child protection risks and general protection needs and development sector as she/he will implement all field activities in coordination with the Child Protection Project Coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities
- With support from the CP case management supervisor and according to detailed work plans, deliver psychosocial and recreational activities for children.
- Perform the tasks in accordance with the IRW-developed activities for children.
- Assess the progress of the class and the children
- Deliver parenting skills training to parents of vulnerable children according to the detailed work plans.
- Collaborate with other child protection facilitators, Caseworkers, and officers who will support psychosocial activities.
- Work with child protection committees and/or child protection outreach workers to implement their assessments, safety maps, and action plans
- Conduct CPC meetings in order to discuss identified cases and find solutions for some challenges.
- Collaborate with the Child Protection Project Officer to ensure that supplies are available for child protection activities in a timely manner.
- Provide continuous feedback to the CP Coordinator and Project Officer on any challenges in the work implementation to be addressed directly with corrective steps/measures if needed.
- Ensure compliance with IRW policies and protocols of confidentiality, respect, and safety. Perform other duties, as needed or requested by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social sciences or Diploma, Psychology, Child Development, or another related field
- Excellent knowledge of Child Protection and minimum standards and basic principles.
- Excellent knowledge of support basic principles and PSS key messages to vulnerable children and caregivers.
- Excellent knowledge of child and adult development and learning.
- Excellent knowledge of basic facilitation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of safe identification and referral principles.
- Good knowledge of Child Protection case management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination, and safety of client at all times.
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity, and flexibility.
- Comfortable in a multicultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Flexible working hours availability
- At least 2 years of experience in international organizations and humanitarian settings, specifically in Child Protection or sectors
- Experience managing teams
- Experience providing on the job coaching and mentoring and building capacity of staff
- Previous experience in Child Protection and psychosocial support.
- Good knowledge of English,
- Professionally understand (read and write) Pashto and Dari
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified national candidates should a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following link:
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.