Job ID 12590
Salary According to ACTED's Salary Scale
No. of Opportunity 3
Experience 2 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opportunity type Job
Duration 6-months (extendable)
Vacancy No. KBL_014
Location Herat Kunduz Nangarhar
As part of ACTED’s 02 FIB Project, the agriculture trainer will be responsible to perform the ‘soft activities’, series of trainings to farmers, with the emphasis of providing training to women on kitchen gardening. Based on project needs, also assistance to oil crop management and grape cultivation training with accompanying events can be (organization of farmer field days; technical support and extension services during the duration of the project).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engaging with CICs and communities on agriculture activities and providing information.
- Field assessment of agricultural needs and practices in each of the intervention areas
- Drawing up Evaluation report containing the composition of both the tools and vegetable kits in relation to the preferences of the communities and the study of the environment. Regarding the vegetable seeds, the varieties will be adapted to the local context (climate adapted, sustainable)
- Distribution of Kitchen gardening kits and seeds package to BNF after assessment
- Regular follow up with kitchen gardening BNFs.
- Responsible to prepare weekly and monthly work plans, including detailed training plans.
- Responsible to prepare training curriculum, materials and conduct trainings.
- Preparation of the venues/sites for the necessary trainings.
- Responsible to track the training records – attendance sheets, score tests/results.
- Provision of dedicated agricultural training to enhance BNFs capacity in kitchen garden management and techniques and to prevent post-harvest loss (plot preparation, fertilization methods and demonstration, planting techniques – ie, row planting, monoculture, intercropping -, crop maintenance techniques – ie, weeding, hoeing -, harvest methods and organization, food preservation methods and advice).
- Responsible to check lands soil quality before cultivation.
- Responsible for regular follow up with BNFs on maintenance of the kitchen gardening.
- Responsible to prepare cultivation plan to be implemented.
- Coordinate with AME teams on preparing pre and post KAP surveys.
- Keeping trainer’s diary – feedback on the conducted trainings, lessons learned,
- Other tasks relevant to the project implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture/ horticulture or Livestock, Rural Development or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience in planning, organizing, and providing trainings in the agricultural sector, rural development, or agriculture innovation.
- Experience with community mobilization in a rural and/or insecure context, including marginalized populations, especially women, in community activities.
- Knowledge of agricultural standards and requirements of local institutions (MAIL, MRRD, etc.)
- Understanding of the local agricultural sector (especially wheat, vegetable, and fruit value chains).
- Previous experience in design and preparation of training methodologies.
- Fluency in local languages required.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, social and presentation skills with ability to interact effectively and harmoniously.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
How to Apply:
Those who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria should send their updated CV to below submission Email:
Kindly mention Vacancy number, position title along with province name in subject line or your application may not be considered.
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, and work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the next stage of recruitment.
No CV will be received after closing date.