Job ID 18729
Salary As per company salary scale
No. of Opportunity 1
Experience 6 Years
Opportunity type Job
Vacancy No. VA/2023/B5101/26096
With more than 20 years of experience in the country, UNOPS Afghanistan focuses on providing maximum support to the people of Afghanistan through the delivery of projects and services that improve the lives of people in need. The UNOPS Afghanistan Country Office (AFCO) serves as an organizational mechanism to deliver a range of projects for which UNOPS has been designated as the implementation agency. At present, UNOPS AFCO activities cover a range of sectors including humanitarian, basic human needs, cash for work, infrastructure, development, procurement and HR services.
The functional objective of UNOPS AFCO is to contribute to improving the lives of girls, boys, men and women living in Afghanistan. The aim of UNOPS AFCO is to provide efficient and cost-effective implementation services on behalf of all our partners to support the humanitarian response and development of the country. UNOPS AFCO’s mission is to exceed the expectations of all stakeholders in the delivery of AFCO services, at all times, in all places, in all circumstances, in order to improve the lives of Afghans in need.Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Head of Support Services, reporting to the Administration Specialist, the incumbent performs and may supervise UNOPS personnel, including third-party contractors, in delivering technical and administrative support services, covering specialized and non-specialized processes and transactions for discrete work areas in administration and logistics, ensuring efficient, client-oriented and effective service delivery. The Administration Associate promotes a client, quality, and results-oriented approach, ensuring the utilization of office resources in the most cost-effective manner.
- Management Support
- Logistics, Inventory Management Services
- Team Management
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
1. Management Support
- Coordinate individual work plans and coach personnel in the execution of standard office transactions, processes, and work, ensuring full compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, and policies.
- Monitor team performance against service agreements with clients.
- Provide support in the development of the unit’s annual work plan and ensure the activities are monitored and implemented. Any deviation is escalated and addressed.
- Prepare and Review Lease agreements and invoices for the AFCO UNOPS Dwelling Facility and office spaces and follow up on the payments.
- Liaise with other support services units for project-related administrative and operational matters such as budget, requisition and requirements, vendor payments, contract management, procurement of goods and services, and inventory management.
- Perform a transactional role in OneUNOPS/Enterprise system.
- Compile data and research information for planning financial resources/administrative budget for administrative services.
- Monitor all critical project financial indicators and alert the supervisor in case of deviations.
- Assist in developing effective relationships with clients, ensuring their satisfaction with service delivery.
- Manage the booking of the dwelling facility.
2. Logistics, Inventory Management Services
- Ensure effective and efficient provision of logistics and inventory management services for AFCO UNOPS Dwelling Facility and office tenants in compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies, and strategies covering.
- Implement control measures for inventory management, ensuring timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports, investigating and reporting on any discrepancies
- Prepare and Raise requisitions for supplies and participate in the tender evaluation in procuring those materials.
- Supervise proper issuance of inventory items and supplies and the disposal of damaged items
- Assist in supervising the third-party contractor employees for the Dwelling facilities and common services, responsible for client service and processing of invoices
- Assist in ensuring that basic facilities, such as water, heating, and electricity systems, are well-maintained; any repairs and routine maintenance are performed by the contractor
3. Team Management
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high-quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
4. Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
- Ensure accuracy, consistency, filing, and record-keeping of all project documents in an efficient manner.
- Organize, facilitate, and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on Administration related topics.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing lessons learned and disseminating best practices in human resources.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize them productively.
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Administration Associate directly affect the overall efficiency of the individual team’s provision of administrative services, impacting the office’s capacity to efficiently and effectively service the operational needs of the office/programme. Timely and accountable delivery of services, ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and office as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- First University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Technical or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required.
- In the absence of a degree, administrative certification is an asset.
- Minimum of six years of relevant experience in general administrative, logistics, or operations support services in national or international public or corporate organizations.
- Experience in facility management
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages and experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Full working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of a second UN or regional working language is an asset.
How to Apply:
Please click on the below link for actual vacancy announcement to see the complete details and submission guideline as this is only an attempt for attracting female applicants for gender parity in organization. Please make sure you fill your profile/application properly with all relevant details in order to be considered for the next stage of recruitment/selection